US vs Russia in Syria

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
So what we gonna have here?

Nothing. Trump will fire some rockets testing Russian missile defence in proces Couple Syrians would die (maybe Iranians in Syria would be possible target).

Russians would also test their capability to down US rockets. And things would end that way.

SnafuSmite

The new S400 missiles would be a serious problem for the American missiles, mobile and relatively cheap would smack all their non stealth aircraft out the sky. However the Ruskis' air defence would be overwhelmed with superior American and coalition aircraft numbers and sheer fire power. They used 150 tomahawks against 1 airbase, that's the sheer capability of their forces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending where and who the missiles strike. Russia / Syria (Turkey and maybe Iran too ) will strike back.
Daesch is finished on the ground and have / will redeploy(ed) and adopt ‘nomad” style.
Turkey now has Russian missiles.
Saudi Arabia detests Iran (more than USA?) = will finance Syrian Kurds ?
Eventually coalition missiles or air craft will be taken down.
Israel will do what they always do.
Turkey permits refugees to leave Turkey in mass.
Jordan will know unrest.
UN will debate (security council ) and the Chinese will play their cards close to home.
Trump renounces his attacks in Syria or his tax import war on China, maybe both.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
So what we gonna have here?

Nothing. Trump will fire some rockets testing Russian missile defence in proces Couple Syrians would die (maybe Iranians in Syria would be possible target).

Russians would also test their capability to down US rockets. And things would end that way.
Dusa, we'll have to wait and see if the Russian missiles are indeed that good. Let's not forget that when a country recently attacked Syria killing 14, no-one knew for sure who did it. US denied it, Brits and French denied it, Jew s didn't say anything. With the end result that no-one knew ,at the time, who was reasonable for it

Dusa, we'll have to wait and see if the Russian missiles are indeed that good.
Im with you on that one. The S-400 system has been debated on a lot and the russians have boasted about it, but the system has not seen combat. Whatever the results will be if somethings happen, it will be highly interesting to how effective the S-400 is against Tomahawks and other NATO missiles.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Nope Joe S-400 isn't that good as everybody saying. It's all part of good marketing (and it worked). It's better than US "Patriot" especially if we look bang for a buck category.

Both systems are serious threat for aircrafts (stealth are not), but when comes to missiles... that is different story. As SnafuSmite said missile defense could be easily be overwhelmed large number of old type rockets (tomahawk, relatively old, depends on model) Not to mention new "smart" missiles which Trump talking about. (Russians have them to).
Yes, US coalition have much bigger and better equipped army, also strong economy behind back, but Russians have really good rockets and have them a lot. They modernized army in last 10 years and they don't spend huge sums of money for aircraft carriers (only one that i have is Soviet era Kuznetsov) But they did spent some money on weapon and a lot of it on rockets.

So no. As I said we wouldn't see direct conflict.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Im with you on that one. The S-400 system has been debated on a lot and the russians have boasted about it, but the system has not seen combat. Whatever the results will be if somethings happen, it will be highly interesting to how effective the S-400 is against Tomahawks and other NATO missiles.
Yes it is. After first Assad's alleged chemical attack US launches 60 missiles on Syrian Airbase. US. Said 23 hit target.
Where are others? I think that less than that number really hit base. I saw from first hand what just one Tomahawk can do. That base didn't hit with 23. Tomahawk is able to fly in building through the window (not much of building would left). I saw video of planes allegedly hit, they are just little bit burned. If that was a direct hit from Tomahawk there wouldn't be much of plane there.

So yes I think we can say that we saw S-400 against Tomahawk. He dead some job, but no absolute protection.

So yes I think we can say that we saw S-400 against Tomahawk. He dead some job, but no absolute protection.
Who knows, you might be right. On the other hand, S-400 shooting down Tomahawks would be a major propaganda victory for Russia and i doubt they would keep silent about it.

When Russia fired Kalibr missiles against Syria in 2015 some of them reputedly crashed in Iran...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Cold war 2.0 but I feel very soon we will replace cold with hot
Keegan, I don't think it will be all out war, but mark my words, we'll probably see some offensive action tomorrow Saturday 14th. As you know more than most, Thursday and Friday are holy days in Some Arab countries. Especially the Friday. Even if it is not celebrated as such in Syria, (I don't know) The US and it's allies would not want to take the risk of upsetting any other countries.

From what I can gather the Brits have been quiet about their intentions. But that does not mean that they are going to let people get away with gazing fellow country men. And no I don't want to open up a can of worms on who first introduced gaz into the theatre of war.

The Brits are pissed that the Russians poisoned people on their home ground, including a Police officer. Getting a diplomatic dig back at the great 'Bear' by bombing Syrian airports will be a blow to Russia, who, let's be honest can't really do much about it.

This is obviously a personal opinion.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Who knows, you might be right. On the other hand, S-400 shooting down Tomahawks would be a major propaganda victory for Russia and i doubt they would keep silent about it.

When Russia fired Kalibr missiles against Syria in 2015 some of them reputedly crashed in Iran...
I was not right. S-400 are not meant to be used against cruise missiles. S-400 missiles are simply too expensive to be used for that purpose. they are probably using Buk missile system and jammers.

S-400 would be used against aircrafts and ICBMs, but it's radars were probably integrated in one air defense system with other smaller rocket launchers.

I really like gas system launch tubes engine starts when missile get up to 30 metres.

(I'm not taking sides here, just admire weapon and technology)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Yeah, me too. Gotta love the S-400´s predecessor, the S300. :D
Man, was that little bit biased video, but be seriously?

I don't care about Russians, I don't like them, but I also don't care about NATO, don't like them to....

So can we talk objectively and unbiased on this subject?

Probably, vary hard... but who cares. I would push my independent agenda anyways. That's who I am and that for what I'm standing for!

mulgarat

Actual or Ex Legionnaire - Donator
Legionnaire
Fire works have kicked off. Limit strikes appear to actually be broad "shock and awe". Local reports International Airport has been hit and destroyed as well as many military and government targets. Russian and local forces are using counter measures. The USA will likely broaden attacks to north to hit any SAA elements within striking distance of US troops around Deir es Ezzor and Manbij. Interesting to see how Hezbollah and Iran respond. My guess is they will attack Israel in retaliation.

So far in last few minutes Syrian opposition forces are reporting via Twitter: Homs, Hama and Damascus hit. Iranian and Hezbollah bases hit. Air defences at all locations hit. Regime change in progress.

Man, was that little bit biased video, but be seriously?
Dusa, you are way too sensitive. I posted the video for the purpose of showing a interesting video, nothing bias. There are no reasons to take posts on a forum personal.

Considering Syria allegedly shot down lots om US missiles with their own surface-to-air-missiles, its perfectly clear that Russia produces some of the finest missiles, considering most of the missiles Syria uses are more than 50 year old Soviet-made missiles

And hey, Yugoslavia shot down the F-117 Nighthawk stealth aircraft with a old Soviet missile-system too

Last edited:
I was not right. S-400 are not meant to be used against cruise missiles. S-400 missiles are simply too expensive to be used for that purpose. they are probably using Buk missile system and jammers.

S-400 would be used against aircrafts and ICBMs, but it's radars were probably integrated in one air defense system with other smaller rocket launchers.

I really like gas system launch tubes engine starts when missile get up to 30 metres.

(I'm not taking sides here, just admire weapon and technology)
S400 has multiple variants designed for different roles, as qouted from Wikipedia,
"The S-400 uses four missiles to fill its performance envelope: the very-long-range 40N6 (400 km), the long-range 48N6 (250 km), the medium-range 9M96E2 (120 km) and the short-range 9M96E (40 km)". The S400 is very similar to the Patriot system and we have all seen how effective those are against small rockets and missiles with the Israelis Iron Dome.

Most viewed threads of the week