a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US vs Russia in Syria

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Dusa, Dusa,, they may be fighting behind the scenes of who would be the lucky gal to go for a walk in the park with Dusan. However the unfortunate truth is they are always in the lime light (at least the US amb.) and may feel as though they are mixing with the enemy. You are Serb, aren't you? And at the same time on the French Foreign Legion forum as a , and I quote, “Hyper Active Member”.

No Dusa, you have the unfortunate take of choosing you garden stroll among these two ladies.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) However the unfortunate truth is they are always in the lime light (at least the US amb.) and may feel as though they are mixing with the enemy. You are Serb, aren't you? (...)
Yes I am, so I'm neutral. In that matter that should both fight to win my favor and sympathy. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Just watched a document on TV about these (state sponsored. ..free lance ! )
Iran has the Hezbollah. ..
Israël, now claiming, Iran has not stopped it's nuclear programme (photos and stats inclu)
Supporting Trumps point of view (dangerosity) on the Iranien question
France and Russia, insist the accords with Iran, on the nuclear question, should not be modifyed. ..we shall see
Turkey using ex ISIS fighters to combat Kurdes, in Syria. ..just like the Russians

How many of these combattants will attempt joining the Legion, once the conflict is over

More and more refugees feeling to West Europe, for sure

And all this because, Obama (USA) & Cameron (UK) declined François Hollande's proposal to intervien in the Syrian uprising in 2011 (there wasnt all these différent groupiscules then)

Never trust no one is what i think and say. ..even if they offer me food and abode with pocket money
( They are all manipulating M.F. fuds)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I can't believe news that I just read. Its slightly of topic, but has lot of in common with my debate with USMCRET about 9/11.

https://www.juancole.com/2016/03/91...om-wahhabis-finds-against-iran-for-10-bn.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/38...-to-pay-billions-to-9-11-victims-and-families

I'm little bit confused about dates on this news. One is from yesterday other from 2 y ago.

Probably they judgment Iran for 9/11 whenever they have nothing better to do. :)

I mean this is ridiculous .I know Iran is not friend of US (or to all west freedom loving countries and people), but how they expect from people to buy this? Al Qaeda subscribe strictly to Salafism which is strictly Sunni movement which is enemy to Shia Islam which is official religion in theocratic state of Iran. I mean are people don't see ridiculousness and corruption in this?

In other hand S.Arabia is just mentioned now and there and no official judgment against them. What to say, bravo for US. Just keep that way.

91-R

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Nonlinear Warfare
A nonlinear war is fought when a state employs conventional and irregular military forces in conjunction with psychological, economic, political, and cyber assaults. Confusion and disorder ensue when weaponized information exacerbates the perception of insecurity in the populace as political, social, and cultural identities are pitted against one another.
In other words keep everyone confused. Only the players know what’s going on there.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You mean jarheads vs bootnecks? Ye, Chas told me about competition.

Devil dogs :) c'mon. Do anyone believe (Oh, I know one guy do) that Germans really called enemy with that name? Do Marines give nicknames of admiration to their enemies? No ! They always call them with some derogatory terms. So why would Germans do opposite? Please :) It's clear propaganda to boost morale of young (and naive) recruits.

And nicks that you give to yourself don't stick, especially if they praise you. Do anyone her call me a "Boss" here? No, everyone call me "Dusa" and if you think that sound faggy in English just google translate it forom Croatian are Bosnian (F-ing google translate, thay only give you Serbian in Cyrillic and no that is not our official script. We use both.) and look for last word you get. (I help you, its "darling" :))

Now I'm pissed on Google translate! They are so politically correct to the point of absurdity. They always translate everything in feminine gender (That's not equality that's stupid neo-feminist agenda). Also according to them words "fagg", "faggy" do not exist in English (or any other) language. Oh really? Please, that was among first words I learned in English, right after "yes", "no", "shit" and "fuck". :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Devil dogs :) c'mon. Do anyone believe (Oh, I know one guy do) that Germans really called enemy with that name? Do Marines give nicknames of admiration to their enemies? No ! They always call them with some derogatory terms. So why would Germans do opposite? Please :) It's clear propaganda to boost morale of young (and naive) recruits.

I'm not sure I, or a number of serving or ex legionnaires will agree with you on that particular way of looking at things. 'boss'.
¡Pero estos no son hombres, son demonios!

http://www.burnpit.us/2013/04/battle-camarón-these-are-not-men-they-are-devils

La Légion marche vers le front,
En chantant nous suivons,
Héritiers de ses traditions,
Nous sommes avec elle.

refrain

Nous sommes les hommes des troupes d'assaut,
Soldats de la vieille Légion,
Demain brandissant nos drapeaux,
En vainqueurs nous défilerons,
Nous n'avons pas seulement des armes,
Mais le diable marche avec nous,

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, car nos aînés de la Légion,
Se battant là-bas, nous emboîtons le pas.

II

Pour ce destin de chevalier,
Honneur, Fidélité,
Nous sommes fiers d'appartenir
Au 2ème R.E.P.

refrain

We do not only have weapons
but the devil (also) marches with us.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
"The Russian military says Syria’s Soviet-made air defense systems have downed 71 out of 103 cruise missiles launched by the United States and its allies.
Right, did you read about the 200 to 300 Russian Mercs that strayed into the de-conflict zone separating them from us? If not here you go:

https://taskandpurpose.com/russian-mercenaries-syria-leaked-audio/

Ahem... Who is Nikki Haley... And Maria Zakharova? Never heard of any of those two.
Nicki Hailey is the US Ambassador to the UN Crime Syndicate

Devil dogs :) c'mon. Do anyone believe (Oh, I know one guy do) that Germans really called enemy with that name? Do Marines give nicknames of admiration to their enemies? No ! They always call them with some derogatory terms. So why would Germans do opposite? Please :) It's clear propaganda to boost morale of young (and naive) recruits. (...)
Absolutely, when the fight was in the Beallau Wood. The German words were Teuffel Hunden, Devil's Dogs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dog

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Right, did you read about the 200 to 300 Russian Mercs that strayed into the de-conflict zone separating them from us? If not here you go:

https://taskandpurpose.com/russian-mercenaries-syria-leaked-audio/

Nicki Hailey is the US Ambassador to the UN Crime Syndicate

Absolutely, when the fight was in the Beallau Wood. The German words were Teuffel Hunden, Devil's Dogs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dog

Did you even bother to read whole wiki page you give link for? It's really short and this is interesting part :

Grammar problem[edit]
In German grammar, a compound noun is always a single word, so using two words "Teufel Hunden" is grammatically incorrect. The correct German would be Teufelshundein nominative, genitive, and accusative cases, and Teufelshunden only in the dative. In either form, the linking element "s" steps between the words. Examples:

Sie waren Teufelshunde. – They were Devil Dogs.Er war ein Teufelshund. – He was a Devil Dog.Er sprach von den Teufelshunden. – He talked about the Devil Dogs.
Furthermore, the word "Teufelshund", though not unknown in the German language, is rare, and this use may possibly be an example of Denglisch. The more common equivalent is "Höllenhund" ("dog of hell" or "hellhound"), the German translation of the mythical Kerberos.

So ... NO ., No German speaking soldier would never say "Teufel Hunden" . Sorry mate, not true story. I'm not saying that some marines are not very good soldiers. Many of them are, but definitely not all of them. Simple because there's too many of them. I know that is nice myth to be told to new Marines, but simple doesn't sound true at all.

Most of heroes are dead. Some of them survived because they got really, really lucky. So... yes Camarón, Dien Bien Phu, etc, etc. Sorry mate, but I simple can't view whole USMC as some super soldiers, all-hero bunch of men (and women). I'm not doing that even for FFL.

Simple question to you. Did USMC anytime in history give such praising nickname to their enemy as Devil Dogs are?

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Did you even bother to read whole wiki page you give link for? It's really short and this is interesting part :

Grammar problem[edit]
In German grammar, a compound noun is always a single word, so using two words "Teufel Hunden" is grammatically incorrect. The correct German would be Teufelshundein nominative, genitive, and accusative cases, and Teufelshunden only in the dative. In either form, the linking element "s" steps between the words. Examples:

Sie waren Teufelshunde. – They were Devil Dogs.Er war ein Teufelshund. – He was a Devil Dog.Er sprach von den Teufelshunden. – He talked about the Devil Dogs.
Furthermore, the word "Teufelshund", though not unknown in the German language, is rare, and this use may possibly be an example of Denglisch. The more common equivalent is "Höllenhund" ("dog of hell" or "hellhound"), the German translation of the mythical Kerberos.

So ... NO ., No German speaking soldier would never say "Teufel Hunden" . Sorry mate, not true story. I'm not saying that some marines are not very good soldiers. Many of them are, but definitely not all of them. Simple because there's too many of them. I know that is nice myth to be told to new Marines, but simple doesn't sound true at all.

Most of heroes are dead. Some of them survived because they got really, really lucky. So... yes Camarón, Dien Bien Phu, etc, etc. Sorry mate, but I simple can't view whole USMC as some super soldiers, all-hero bunch of men (and women). I'm not doing that even for FFL.

Simple question to you. Did USMC anytime in history give such praising nickname to their enemy as Devil Dogs are?

You believe what you want and all I am saying is that it is 100 years old in Marine Corps History and Tradition. And yes I did read it a double noun is joined in one word by an s.

But here is what is not disputed we kicked their ass so bad the5th and 6th Marine Regiments wears the French Fourragere to this day when in Dress Uniform.

And no dusaboss, we never named any one anything like that, we just killed the fuckers in mass from Europe, the Pacific Theater, and in the middle east. It's not bragging, it is Fact

http://www.6thmarines.marines.mil/Units/2nd-Battalion/History/Fourragere/

Last edited:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Just watched a document on TV about these (state sponsored. ..free lance ! )
Iran has the Hezbollah. ..
Israël, now claiming, Iran has not stopped it's nuclear programme (photos and stats inclu)
Supporting Trumps point of view (dangerosity) on the Iranien question
France and Russia, insist the accords with Iran, on the nuclear question, should not be modifyed. ..we shall see
Turkey using ex ISIS fighters to combat Kurdes, in Syria. ..just like the Russians

How many of these combattants will attempt joining the Legion, once the conflict is over

More and more refugees feeling to West Europe, for sure

And all this because, Obama (USA) & Cameron (UK) declined François Hollande's proposal to intervien in the Syrian uprising in 2011 (there wasnt all these différent groupiscules then)

Never trust no one is what i think and say. ..even if they offer me food and abode with pocket money
( They are all manipulating M.F. fuds)

Caporal, Obama was a PIECE OF SHIT! HIS RULES OF ENGAGEMENT HAD US BEING KILLED WITHOUT A CHANCE A FIGHTING

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

This is actually very sad, but are they all Mercs or former soldiers a mixture, I'd bet the last is accurate? But there is a De-conflict zone to keep us from them and they were clearly in the zone and they were approaching a US Military Base. Warnings were issued and they played a deadly game of chicken. The Russians keep with fly bys of our aircraft and dangerous runs at our ships in open international waters. This time the game went too far and President Trump is not that Obama Bitch

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Dusaboss, I take no joy in this, no joy at all and I want to make this plain and clear to all, this was not an even match and these people were very poor and their Russian Military regular Handlers put them in this position. The blame goes to their commanders, not us because we understand coordinated fire and how to use assets. We train our forces, we do not have an army of conscripts.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusaboss, I take no joy in this, no joy at all and I want to make this plain and clear to all, this was not an even match and these people were very poor and their Russian Military regular Handlers put them in this position. The blame goes to their commanders, not us because we understand coordinated fire and how to use assets. We train our forces, we do not have an army of conscripts.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you trying to say here. For real man.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Sorry, but I don't understand what you trying to say here. For real man.

That utterly destroying a group like that was not something all that difficult and remember there are clear lines in the sand Russia and Assad you stay on your side and we will stay on ours. There are open communication lines to avoid things like this and the US asked for those to leave the area and to halt their advance because we were operating in the area. So when they were as used to be said in WWI caught in no mans land and they paid a terrible consequence for it with their lives because they were out gunned and out classed