a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US vs Russia in Syria

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I actually attended one of the last USSR v the Marine Corps Boxing Team in the early 90s at camp Lejeune's Field House. The USSR won the night but when it comes to slinging lead, what really counts, where are they, where's the victory? No where.

You mean the Amateur boxing event when it was still the USSR v the all Marine boxing team?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
On 8 May of this month, for the first time in the UK, the USMC boxing team fought the Royal Marines. Normally this match is held in the USA. and to be fair the giant USMC often wins. They have also produced many Golden Gloves champions.

The Royal Marines won the event 7 to 4.

As someone who once boxed in the RM, I was delighted. It was a fantastic event with proceeds going to charity.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss,

I want to see your 'War Face'. The USMC encourages you to have one !

Now imagine mine. An old face, grizzled countenance, hair spouting from the ears, rheumy eyes , permanently dribbling and muttering incoherently.:)

The best advice I ever received from my RM Sgt ; Lad if you can't take a joke you should never have joined.

I can laugh at myself. Also my wife often does at my peculiar humour and constant stupidity.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
War Face.jpg

USMCRET do instructors in boot camp rally ask for "warface" from recruits

Chas same questions for Brits?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No we don't make faces to appear hard! We don't need to. But at bayonet practise we shout.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
No we don't make faces to appear hard! We don't need to. But at bayonet practise we shout.
Is always tough that is stupid practice. I mean or you have it in you, or you don't. No amount of screaming and making crazy faces will change that

ricktn40

Donator
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I actually attended one of the last USSR v the Marine Corps Boxing Team in the early 90s at camp Lejeune's Field House. The USSR won the night but when it comes to slinging lead, what really counts, where are they, where's the victory? No where.

Attachments

• 450.jpg
    450.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 491.jpg
    491.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 501.jpg
    501.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 500.jpg
    500.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 5

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Cool How Ironic, I boxed in the Corp. And of course....was Champ!!!!

My best friends brother was a all Marine Boxer and he was on the team with Michael and Leon Spinx, also all Marine Fighters and later World Champs. Gary was a late 70s to maybe, maybe early very early 80s. By MOS he was a Combat Engineer, but all he ever did was box for his years as an All Marine Boxer, the Snake Pit at the Lejeune Field House.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Is always tough that is stupid practice. I mean or you have it in you, or you don't. No amount of screaming and making crazy faces will change that

It gives a sudden rush of adrénaline and that makes the difference

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
It gives a sudden rush of adrénaline and that makes the difference

I don't know. When comes to stabbing someone with bayonet... I mean, that is hanging bag or tires in comparison to living human been. Don't know. Maybe screaming have something with psychology , who knows. At least you won't hear him beg you for his life. ;)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Because he is gob stuck (wtf, is this downing on me ) simples
Now,do not forget to brush your teeth and do pee-pee before you go to bed

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Wrong, you misunderstood me
Imagine a Tcheknik, sitting in his fox hole
All of a sudden he sees. ..a Oustachis, with his AK and bayonnet, screaming, 'vive la légion"
Tcheknik, thinks to himself, "wtf, is coming down on me"
Razumin ? or you still stupid ? Maybe drunk? Or both?
What's your secret, Dustboss?

Ah, ok, i think i undetstand
You smoke herbal cigarettes...da?

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hahha I guess Četnik would said something like.

No, seriously he would be to confused, unable to react so that would be good diversion. :)
Wrong, you misunderstood me

Razumin ? or you still stupid ? Maybe drunk? Or both?
What's your secret, Dustboss?

Not drunk today.

Ah, ok, i think i undetstand
You smoke herbal cigarettes...da?

No since I was Le petit garçon. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
"Maybe Air lines", from Sarajevo
I had stamped on my passport civil
Was Swedes who did customs / passport control
Maybe you land or maybe you dont, we will see!

Btw: watched a film last night
Second time i have watched it
It is called, "my beautiful country"
A melo dramatique comedy
Srbski/Hravtski/Deutschland production
Google it and tell me what you Tcheknik. ..exuse me, think
You can think,on your own, with out help, can you ?
some times i have to ask

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oh the shock of the young Marine recruit learning bayonet practise. On the second day after initiation of shouting, engaging and lunging at a straw dummy, the nasty training Sgt has gone to the galley and with consent of the victualing officer taken all the offal, blood and guts and put them in the dummies. A sight to behold and seasoned instructors tried not to show amusement at their bewildered pupils. I doubt that it would be allowed now. Non PC and there would be several spewing their guts out at the reality of shit and intestines !

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Btw: watched a film last night
Second time i have watched it
It is called, "my beautiful country"
A melo dramatique comedy
Srbski/Hravtski/Deutschland production
Google it and tell me what you Tcheknik. ..exuse me, think
You can think,on your own, with out help, can you ?
some times i have to ask

Hmm what to say. First, they can at least agree about title. in German is "Bridge over river Ibar", in English as you said and in Serbian "my country is most beautiful."( By the why name of song children singing in school in movie, I guess that should be sarcasm of some kind.)

Second, movie missing beginning. Why Serbs chasing Albanians on start of movie? Because they like to? Because that's our national sport? They chasing them because they are terrorists - UCK, but no one even does not imply that in the film.

Third, c'mon , it's obvious anti-Serbian propaganda in order to justify NATO aggression 99. in home country ((in this in this case Germany)). If you didn't notice that Le petit you are one incapable of thinking , not me.

Movie is blunt try to portrait Serbs in worst light possible and Albanians as innocent romantics. One should be really short minded in order to believe that story.

Yeah they tried to implement internacional double love story as cover-up, but no!. Movie is made to present Serbs as wild savages and that is. Just one in row of anti-Serbian movie from 90s. Made on same pattern as many of them. Same as "Savior (1998)", with ex-legionar in it. All that movies showing Muslims as nice peace loving people and all other as bloodthirsty killers. Of course that is accurate representation. Luckily EU will soon enough have its own critical mass of Muslims so they can experience their peaceloving nature on their skin

Oh yes , they did little pro Serbian gesture at end of movie. But none who don't knows situation in Kosovo in 99. wouldn't noticed that. So at the end main chick selling her house and moving away, neighbor ask her "you too"? Do you know story behind that Le petit.

Last edited: