a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venter from South Africa

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Righto found the thread where Irish posted his recommendations.

https://cervens.net/legionbbs123/sh...-in-the-Legion&p=210748&viewfull=1#post210748

Its post number 10 on the thread.
Good work Snafu, I'd suggest anyone joining take a pocket dictionary, a 'learning French' book, which should have verb structure, and a phrase book with you. Not only will this come in handy but it will show keeness. Just don't buy them the day before going, use them before hand.
Also, and I've said this before. Watch Euro news in your native language. Then watch it in French. Unless there is some breaking news, it will be the same thing on the hour, half hour each time.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Watch Euro news in your native language. Then watch it in French. Unless there is some breaking news, it will be the same thing on the hour, half hour each time.

It's a good proposal, but in order to successville do that you need at least some really low level of French. So, some site or program for learning languages is good to go through before watching a news.

Otherwise is hard to make sense from what they saying, even if you watched same news on your own language.

Swartjaak

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Hello all, :)

Just a brief introduction.

Name: L Venter
Planning on leaving SA July 2018

I have read some of the posts for some information and was considering the Legion for a few months after deciding I want a military career.
Now that I have made a decision I am currently training and selling my possessions here ( in SA ) as part of my preparations.

Any advice or tips to someone from SA?
Any advice or tips from someone from SA?
There is a dodgy site for a "letter" with visa applications, anyone with experience about this?

Thank you to all the contributors on this forum for assisting with answers and generally helping out.

Hi fellow South African. I’m also joining the Legion in about July 2018. Maybe earlier. Depending on how well I can perform. I am glad to see more South Africans interested in the Legion. Makes me feel less alone 😂😉. Good luck to you bro. Hope to see you around 💪ðŸ￾¼