Vincent new member from Australia

vincent

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Hello fellow members, my name is Vincent and i live in a village named uki, which is within the tweed valley, in northern New South Wales Australia. Sydney harbour was my playground growing up, lived down behind the docks. Left there at 18 to join army and go to Vietnam which i did. Stayed in army 20yrs and was then medically discharged as being totally and permanently incapacitated. Did a few things to earn money and then retired totally. I served with the 7th battalion Royal Australian regiment which has taken on a new life as 5/7 battalion mechanised. I did a tour of duty in Vietnam as rifleman/radio operator. For a young regiment it was formed from men serving in the Pacific islands durig the ww2 and sent to Japan as part of the bcof, othe officially sanctioned on 10 03 1949 it saw action almost immediatly in Korea, Malayan emergency, konfrontasi with the Indonesians and Vietnam. The regiment was unique in that at it's peak it was composed of 9 full strength infantry battalions, all of which served at least 1 tour in svn.

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Welcome Vincent. There are a couple of Australian members on the board. Denny is one of them, who has his son serving as a Sergeant in 2REP.

V

Venus

Unregistered
Welcome Vincent, this board is very addictive and i'm sure you'll soon get used to the banter between the regulars as you become one yourself :)

OP
V

vincent

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
thanks all for the kind welcomes. could anybody tell me the history of the old legion fortification near hoa long village, near district capital baria phouc tuy province

Marie

Reaction score
Best answers
Welcome and thanks for your military service!!!