a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Visa and Holidays

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Bolivia
My question is that if the Legion gives you a working visa or something like that if you can join, so you can go back to your country if you stay long enough for having holidays (lets say you only had a 90 days visa when you first arrived) or you must obtain a new visa for going back to France. Thank you.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
No holidays in the Legion...
You can have leave...90 days?
No use for visas if you do not have approval...
More than certain, with out hierarchy approval before your, at least, first 5 years service and be rectified, that is
You will not obtain... what ever you were dreaming of, if you haven't even signed up to join
Post Schitum:
Holidays are for the lazy w@nkers

Last edited by a moderator:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Legionnaires do not have family
Not before 5 years that is
When you drop out, you drop out
Forget anything thing about leave before we tell you
Take it from there
Was the case for us greens

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Bolivia
No holidays in the Legion...
You can have leave...90 days?
No use for visas if you do not have approval...
More than certain, with out hierarchy approval before your, at least, first 5 years service and be rectified, that is
You will not obtain... what ever you were dreaming of, if you haven't even signed up to join
Post Schitum:
Holidays are for the lazy wankers
Thank you for the answer sir. That "leave" is what I'm talking about, if you would like to visit your family in another country, by the time you can have some time off the first 90 day tourist visa will be expired, so, can you get a working visa or something so you can return to France or do you stay the whole first 5 years as an illegal immigrant in France?

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Like I said, anyone who is a long term sleeper, can forget about getting an answer from me. If not to say, that that is a question to put to the "gestapo" during your interview.