a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wake up call for pretending candidates

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
This is a wake up call for all those of you that may be in a hurry to enlist, thinking that you will get in faster by going to Aubagne and are above everyone, Paris will do, if you feck up in Paris, you would also feck up in Aubagne, you wont have to face 'Gestapo' in both cases. If your port of entry is a Parisian airport or, via U.K (i.e Heathrow) and your 'economies' aren't top notch. Don't head down south on your own, even if you CAN afford, if you get turned down, you are on your own and STRANDED and no one will feel sorry for you, since no one asked you to come over and try. And for those that have cash in aboundance, feck you. :D

Be smart, cut expenses, what you waste on a one way ticket down to Marseille, could feed you for a week and botteld water over here isn't expensive, just annoying, or 2 nights in a Veeeryyy cheap hotel (without breakfast) and Nicole's wee friends. :cool:

And for those of you that have the 'port of entry' Marseille-Marignane. Deal with your shite, be smart and that's all i have to pass on. In clear, GO FOR THE CLOSEST RECRUITING STATION OF YOUR ARRIVAL! The words of former Caporal-chef Don Pedro, Chef de Patrouille S.E.R, Chef de Groupe d'Infanterie Recce, Infantry Group commander and Recruiter in the Foreign Legion, for a few years.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Straightforward, no bullshit. Well said. I don't think it matters where you sign up, if Le Legion does not want you, they simply don't want you. If they do, then they will have you.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
"I ventured to France, touched down in Marseille"... "went to the Legion, started the selection process successfully and suddenly decided to go civil"...."I was not 100% ready, and only if I was 100% ready."

And if you go civil, you can never go back, since you went civil, REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE.

FloridaMedic

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I hope i can at least see a glimpse of the Tour de Eiffel when I speed by at over 200 mph rail. ill be looking straight out the window for 6 hours London to Marseille, just eating in the dining car, hopefully im next to a lonely lady hahaha.
Thanks for the advice Don Pedro. Hopefully i wont have to worry about a return ride to paris :/

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
"I ventured to France, touched down in Marsielle"... "went to the Legion, started the selection process successfully and suddenly decided to go civil"...."I was not 100% ready, and only if I was 100% ready."

And if you go civil, you can never go back, since you went civil, REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE.

I never went into the selection center, and it's none of your business. I think I see why you failed selection twice before, someone has mental unstablility. Perhaps that ego, or vindictive attitude was the reason for your inapt definitive

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Who said anyone was talking about you?. No one dropped your name, in fact, I don't even see it mentioned here?. I am unsure as to Inapte definitif, never got one myself, so i cannot say. I know others have. I think you receive those only if you go CIVIL or if you do not make the commission.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thread is clean DP:) just posting what I know. I believe if you go CIVIL or do NOT make the commission, that is when a man receives Definitf. That is correct, right?. You worked 1RE, right?.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Oye I am fine. 666, desist with the harassment and the threats of "giving you the pounding of a lifetime." Good luck with selection for the third time. I'm sure you'll do well.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Anyways... so that should answer all questions about inapte temp and definitive. Unsure what the ramblings from this other kid is. Bottom line is that if you go civil or don't make commission it's bye bye for LIFE.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I hope i can at least see a glimpse of the Tour de Eiffel when I speed by at over 200 mph rail. ill be looking straight out the window for 6 hours London to Marseille, just eating in the dining car, hopefully im next to a lonely lady hahaha.
Thanks for the advice Don Pedro. Hopefully i wont have to worry about a return ride to paris :/
Perhaps slightly drifting from the original subject, but get yourself a couple of sandwiches outside the train station and take them with you. French and English dining cars cost an arm and a leg.

To get back to Don's original subject, plan in advance the trip and especially the return trip. Remember that you may have to get x-rays, blood tests etc. The results could take a couple of days. You will have to stay in a hotel, eat and whatever and then the legion turns you down (I hope not). But no matter how hard you tell the legion that you have no money to get home, they will simply say that you should have thought about that before trying to join.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden

My Good lad, you will board the T.G.V at Gare de Lyon railway station. Once it leaves the quay, it will head east, then big bend towards the south, no Eiffel Tower to be seen, but I feel ...towed? And of course, you would be lucky if you get a seat close to female travelling company ( you will get a seat number, in a specific numberd wagon), pray that you don't have to share it with screaming children. ;)

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
guys how much is cheap room in Aubagne for night ?

About 50 or 60 EUR if you book via internet. Might be cheaper for non comfortable room, but you will already have that inside the Legion.

I stayed on a bank and waited there, despite the cold weather, till it was morning, dreaming at a better future (which I got). You might try to join even during the night : the Legion recruiting post is supposed to be open 24h/24, but I don't know if it is still true.

MatriXa

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
About 50 or 60 EUR if you book via internet. Might be cheaper for non comfortable room, but you will already have that inside the Legion.

I stayed on a bank and waited there, despite the cold weather, till it was morning, dreaming at a better future (which I got). You might try to join even during the night : the Legion recruiting post is supposed to be open 24h/24, but I don't know if it is still true.

I read in other forum Legion in winter season dont rejectet any candidates in beginning .. i dont know is that true or not .. i give with me two direction way ticket, and money for x-ray (if doctor say) i dont give more money for a week vacation in Aubagne, if Legion reject me in start gathes maybe i go eat something,drink coffee and walking around all night. After that i go again.

3stripedwoodentop

Reaction score
Home Country
England
I will head straight down to aubagne, catch a flight to marseille then catch a train to aubagne then get a taxi from aubagne train station then head straight there.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
You can walk from the train station, there's a foot bridge (includes some stairs, it were built to shorten the walking distance) that takes you up to the road. At the end is a Pub/Bar (Red Lion). The motorway pass above and in front is a roundabout, opposite a road that passes in under the motorway, head in that direction and follow the road to the left (there's a road sign indicating the Legion Headquarters), now, a healthy little walk, that would save you some money.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Yup, it's an easy walk. I did it twice, once the first full day I was there just to make sure I had the route and then hung out with some friends and enjoyed myself for a couple days, including drinking at the Red Lion and fun in Marseilles, then walked there nice and early and presented myself.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Yup, it's an easy walk. I did it twice, once the first full day I was there just to make sure I had the route and then hung out with some friends and enjoyed myself for a couple days, including drinking at the Red Lion and fun in Marseilles, then walked there nice and early and presented myself.

Don't hesitate to stop and have a drink in "The Red Lion" : your last relax drink for a certain time ! :D