Wannabe preparing to join in 2019

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
Hi, my name is not codreanu, but I chose it because I liked him when playing kaiserreich. I was born in Romania but I moved when I was a baby, so im don't consider myself romanian as I never lived there. Since I was small I liked the military and life in the army but I never thought about joining. After watching about 100 war movies, 10 hours a day of hoi4, kaiserreich, fifa, gta and cod, eating 3000kcal in chocolate daily, working a shitty job for most of the day, playing video games everyday and only sleeping 5 hours I decided to stop being a pathetic human being who jerks off to f*cking comics and join the French foreign legion.

I heard about the legion when I was a kid and an ex-legionnaire who was friend with my father had a barbecue together. My father was also about to try to join, two weeks before leaving he found out my mother was pregnant with me. This is how I become aware of the legion and a couple of weeks ago, when I decided to change I remembered the legion and started watching videos and reading about it. I decided to give it a try since then and started preparing physically.

I'm not too good at sports, can only do 5 push-ups, when I was 13 I could do 30 so I have a lot to recover. I heard something about 2700 meters under 12 minutes, I can do that already but only when I really give it all. Im currently saving money for the dentist but here it is very expensive so I will only have my tooth fixed in 3 months when I plan on giving it a try. Until then I think will be physically able to pass the minimum requirements.

I have a couple of questions if its ok to put them here...Is 2700 meters under 12 minutes still a thing? or is there now only a luc-leger test? Would knowing a few languages increase my chances of joining or don't they care if you can speak many languages? And how about eyesight (my only weakness I think), will they ignore it if im in good physical shape or will they just send me home because the medical tests are before the physical ones?

Last edited by a moderator:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, Codreanu and welcome
How old are you ?
Hight and weight ?
Take drugs / drink booze ?
Criminal record ?
What languages do you speak ?
What level are you on Kaiser Riech ?
What is your favorite chocolate bar ?

OP
C
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
19, 182cm, 69kg, no drugs, drinking since 15 but not anymore since two weeks, except for a small misunderstanding no criminal record, german, Spanish, english, bit of romanian and french, Kaiserreich has no levels, snickers and milka are the best, melted on bread they are perfect

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Can you do 7 pull ups ?
Luc Léger test for sélection
Smoke ?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Stop smoking
Stop eating junk
Stop playing vidéo games (if you are serious about wanting to join)
Run more
Swim some
Press up more
Pull more. .traction bar and not your Joy stick, i mean

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
19, 182cm, 69kg, no drugs, drinking since 15 but not anymore since two weeks, except for a small misunderstanding no criminal record, german, Spanish, english, bit of romanian and french, Kaiserreich has no levels, snickers and milka are the best, melted on bread they are perfect
No chocolate. Keep video games to a minimum. Eat lots of protein. Practice pull ups, push ups and sit ups EVERY DAY, and running too

Big question we all know they will ask you

"Why not join the army of your country?"

You have to have a good reason for joining legion and not your own army. If you come from a place that has a poor army (good example: Mexico) or an army that is very small and hard to get into (example: New Zealand), then that should be good enough, I've heard plenty of stories from people with similar sentiments

Tell them you speak all those languages, it will definitely help

Watch Legion documentaries. Learn about the regiments. Be able to tell some history and speak a lot of French

Bonne chance

OP
C
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
No chocolate. Keep video games to a minimum. Eat lots of protein. Practice pull ups, push ups and sit ups EVERY DAY, and running too

Big question we all know they will ask you

"Why not join the army of your country?"

You have to have a good reason for joining legion and not your own army. If you come from a place that has a poor army (good example: Mexico) or an army that is very small and hard to get into (example: New Zealand), then that should be good enough, I've heard plenty of stories from people with similar sentiments

Tell them you speak all those languages, it will definitely help

Watch Legion documentaries. Learn about the regiments. Be able to tell some history and speak a lot of French

Bonne chance
Im a romanian citizen but I looked up and it will take me a lot of timesport to get in there or to get a citizenship where im currently living

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Seems a good enough reason for me. It would cost years of your life to join another Army.

Being that you are 19, they may hold that against you. They could say "Why don't you spend the time to join there?"

YOu have to want to be a Legionnaire. Tell them you want to be a soldier NOW, not in 5 years. Be in top shape. Don't just get to 30 push ups and 7 pull ups and 7 level Luc Leger. Get to 15 pull ups and 50 push ups and level 10 Luc Leger. Kick its ass in every way. Show them that you're an asset

What is TImesport?