a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning Order - Important Birthday

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
It is possible that I may have to absent myself from the forum.

Rapace, (Patrick) has been an outstanding Moderator for several years. He must be since in days of yore he even banned me and a Green for sparring. It was no doubt well deserved and indicated his sagacity.

Now it is Patrick's birthday on November 27.

So albeit premature, I have pleasure in wishing him a very happy birthday with many more to come.

I hope that everyone who values this forum will do the same.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Netherlands
i sincerely hope you absenting yourself from the forum has nothing to do with (serious) health issues

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
It is possible that I may have to absent myself from the forum.

Rapace, (Patrick) has been an outstanding Moderator for several years. He must be since in days of yore he even banned me and a Green for sparring. It was no doubt well deserved and indicated his sagacity.

Now it is Patrick's birthday on November 27.

So albeit premature, I have pleasure in wishing him a very happy birthday with many more to come.

I hope that everyone who values this forum will do the same.
Nothing too serious, I hope Chas... Thanks for the kudos and the wishes, I appreciate it. However, FYI my birthday is not actually Nov 27 (the real one has passed, but never mind... it'll be back next year :D). I sometimes use this date on the web, to remain ‘below the radar’ as much as possible and avoid disclosing too many personal details. Not that I'm a paranoid, but with all the weirdos you sometimes come across online, one never knows...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Nothing too serious, I hope Chas... Thanks for the kudos and the wishes, I appreciate it. However, FYI my birthday is not actually Nov 27 (the real one has passed, but never mind... it'll be back next year :D). I sometimes use this date on the web, to remain ‘below the radar’ as much as possible and avoid disclosing too many personal details. Not that I'm a paranoid, but with all the weirdos you sometimes come across online, one never knows...
So like Liz II you got two birthdays.

Rapace

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
France
Humm... Interesting. So, Her Majesty, the Queen of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has two birthdays? I didn't know that. Is it an official one and a private one?

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Humm... Interesting. So, Her Majesty, the Queen of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland has two birthdays? I didn't know that. Is it an official one and a private one?

Exactly Rapace !

Now, since the 27 is not your Birthday and since the date has passed, I will wish you today, like Alice's White Rabbit, today an excellent NONBIRTHDAY, and I will do this everyday. I will obviously be wrong once (only) in a year, but that is much better than forgetting such an important NONBIRTHDAY !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand

That is correct Rapace, two birthdays ! Her majesty was born on April 21. But royal tradition (going way way back) wants it to be celebrated on a Saturday in June so that everyone can enjoy a summer celebration.

Herr Hitler was born on the 20th of April, so in the 3 R.E.I. - nick named troisième Reich - on the 20th or 21st, depending which was most convenient the ‘krauts’ and the ‘Anglais de merde’ would push the tables in the foyer together and have a big piss up.

Ah fond memories !

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Happy birthday Rapace, in advance or with delay.

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Exactly Rapace !

Now, since the 27 is not your Birthday and since the date has passed, I will wish you today, like Alice's White Rabbit, today an excellent NONBIRTHDAY, and I will do this everyday. I will obviously be wrong once (only) in a year, but that is much better than forgetting such an important NONBIRTHDAY !

Loustic, thanks for the ear worm, now I can't get that damn song out of my head. I guess having kids and grandkids now, you pick up these tunes.

Rapace, happy belated birthday or
'A very merry
Unbirthday to you,
To you, A very merry
Unbirthday to you,
To you,
It's great to
Drink to someone,
And I guess that
You will do,
A very merry
Unbirthday to you!'

Sarahlouise

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Happy non Birthday Patrick. Enjoy your non birthday cake!

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Netherlands
do we celebrate a nonbirthday with alcohol free beer??? :confused:

cause in that case it sucks :p:mad::mad:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Alcohol free beer is not a beer. :) also beers with more than 7% of alcohol doesn't taste like beer. 4-5 % is best amount of alcohol which other liquid should contain. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Alcohol free beer is not a beer. :) also beers with more than 7% of alcohol doesn't taste like beer. 4-5 % is best amount of alcohol which other liquid should contain. :)

Just get a beer down your necks and reorganize Europe before taking on the world.