a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Suprise Suprise

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
A lesson for all you blues. About 18 months ago, my mates boy asked a few questions, took what I said on board and went straight to Aubagne after getting his fitness levels and french skills up. I got a Christmas card him yesterday , he made it and is living the dream out in the jungles of Guyane. Will raise a glass tonight Carl outstanding.:cool:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Finaly some goods news, always reading how somebody got rejected or about chrushed dreams. Congatulations for the man!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
A lesson for all you blues. About 18 months ago, my mates boy asked a few questions, took what I said on board and went straight to Aubagne after getting his fitness levels and french skills up. I got a Christmas card him yesterday , he made it and is living the dream out in the jungles of Guyane. Will raise a glass tonight Carl outstanding.:cool:
Martin, tu as donnes les conseils. Il les a ecoute ! Il a rentre dans les rangs de la legion.
Matin you gave advise, he listened, now he's in the ranks of the legion. Voila.

Greyman

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Nations
Finaly some goods news, always reading how somebody got rejected or about chrushed dreams. Congatulations for the man!

If you want to read some transitions from Blue to Green, (that stayed), forum members that came here Blue and turned Green, check out these members: Antnee (not to sure what the dealio with this guy is but his name is still in Blue.. but he posted saying he got in.. there is no other posts to say otherwise.. so..), mm66, mammikoura, teenzyla92, nemuksis, Outlander, rickyhimalayan, Sparrow, tdesouza, kalle1988, lloydy1984, Zoran, a1b2c3, Zanzara (Zanzara was initially just a fan and did not intend on joining but he went from fan, to wanting to join, to volunteer, then got in :D ), wid (wids name is not in Green for some reason but his posts and others, mostly Greens and a Blue, confirm that he is a Legionnaire and currently serving..), and Notatexan. There could be more, but that is all I have found. You could also technically count californiajai too as he came here an Ancien Green, went and did some Blue (serving Blue) for his own National Army (USA) and then returned to the Legion thus going (serving) Green again.. I believe he is still there.. (in the Legion). So there is a bit of a transition there, a very very interesting one I might add and he has a ton of great posts and threads. Another one you could add to this list is Legion-eire. He came to this forum as a Green but he has written a blog (check the link out on his profile) where he basically (in great detail) writes about his transition from Blue, to Green, to Ancien. He has just recently ended his Legion career after serving 5 years. He joined in 2008. His blog (in my opinion) is outstanding. It was interesting to read through his posts on this forum as well and see the different opinions voiced from other Greens including Anciens in regards to what and how he wrote about his time.. personalities frequently clashed and the different points of view were priceless reading. I'll edit in any others as/if I come across them ;)

There has been plenty of good news on this forum, yes there have been more rejections and crushed dreams, but that is the Legion for ya.. only 1 in 8/10/12/15 (pick a number) make it ;)

Last edited:

CanadianFFL

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
If you want to read some transitions from Blue to Green, (that stayed), forum members that came here Blue and turned Green, check out these members: mm66, mammikoura, teenzyla92, nemuksis, Outlander, rickyhimalayan, Sparrow, tdesouza, kalle1988, lloydy1984, Zoran, and Zanzara (Zanzara was initially just a fan and did not intend on joining but he went from fan, to wannabe, to volunteer, then got in :D ).. there could be more.. but that is all I have found. You could also technically count californiajai too as he came here an Ancien Green, went and did some Blue(serving Blue) for his own National Army (USA) and then returned to the Legion thus going (serving) Green again.. I believe he is still there.. (in the Legion). So there is a bit of a transition there, a very very interesting one I might add and he has a ton of great posts and threads. Another one you could add to this list is Legion-eire. He came to this forum as a Green but he has written a blog (check the link out on his profile) where he basically (in great detail) writes about his transition from Blue, to Green, to Ancien. He has just recently ended his Legion career after serving 5 years. He joined in 2008. His blog (in my opinion) is outstanding. It was interesting to read through his posts on this forum as well and see the different opinions voiced from other Greens including Anciens in regards to what and how he wrote about his time.. personalities frequently clashed and the different points of view were priceless reading.

There has been plenty of good news on this forum, yes there have been more rejections and crushed dreams, but that is the Legion for ya.. only 1 in 8/10/12/15 (pick a number) make it ;)

Jesus christ..

Greyman

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Nations
Nope.. not a member of this forum anyway ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Nope.. not Jesus Christ.. there is no forum member with that user name.. ;)
There's only one, and his birthday is coming up soon. Believe me if you get a combat reg. and a combat cie. you'll be asking him to get you out safely more than once in a career. St. Michel has had more prayers from me then I've put posts on the forum. He would be "thanked" a record number of times by all paras.

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
I'm a firm believer that there are no true atheists in foxholes, you never know when carrying a patron saint medallion might make a difference. I've spoken with St. Michel enough times for me to just call him Mike.

Martin, congrats to your friends son, I guess he won't be having a white Christmas this year.

All the best
Steve

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
There's only one, and his birthday is coming up soon. Believe me if you get a combat reg. and a combat cie. you'll be asking him to get you out safely more than once in a career. St. Michel has had more prayers from me then I've put posts on the forum. He would be "thanked" a record number of times by all paras.
Saint George for us sadines mate but know what you mean/

Bizaum

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
Well being in guyane he could have with all the marching powder in transit to europe :cool:

Hell, just remembered me about one of our senators who was caught by fed police with 500 kgs of cocaine in his chopper, and got away by blaming his pilot (how someone who earns at max 10.000 bucks a month is gonna have money , for like 30 milllions worth of coke?)... if you think the ones in your country are any different (I am speaking to EVERYONE HERE ,just want to be clear), they arent, prolly they are just a little more subtle than that.. when I think even the fuel for the chopper came from our own tax money, damn, not smart to write what i am thinking...

Last edited:
M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
To the idiots who keep private messaging me. Piss off. I gave advice to a young man who is now considered a brother. My advice is Go and do it now and stop being keyboard wannabes / Fin De Tranmission

Madmonk 7.5

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Netherlands
To the idiots who keep private messaging me. Piss off. I gave advice to a young man who is now considered a brother. My advice is Go and do it now and stop being keyboard wannabes / Fin De Tranmission
That is what I call "The Christmas spirit" ;)

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Yes, It makes me scratch my head...when you mentioned you gave advice to the young man, I figure what could it be unless it was to JUST GO AND FIND OUT. Agreed, nothing more to really want to know, right?. Hell, the first time I went, I just went, froze my ass off in Paris at Nogent because it was December...then the second time I went, I sweated my ass off @ 1RE because it was flipping mid july and those damn insects that hhiss or make that godly noise, wouldn't ever shut up and its all your heard. So now when I go for the third time...Maybe I shall make it in the fall or spring. Got winter and Summer covered already :)

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Yes, It makes me scratch my head...when you mentioned you gave advice to the young man, I figure what could it be unless it was to JUST GO AND FIND OUT. Agreed, nothing more to really want to know, right?. Hell, the first time I went, I just went, froze my ass off in Paris at Nogent because it was December...then the second time I went, I sweated my ass off @ 1RE because it was flipping mid july and those damn insects that hhiss or make that godly noise, wouldn't ever shut up and its all your heard. So now when I go for the third time...Maybe I shall make it in the fall or spring. Got winter and Summer covered already :)

Third time huh hope the Gods are smiling, if not well shit happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Just to let you know Carl is settled in and loving every minute of his chossed career path. Says that Company life is hard
but hes still loving it.

Old Adj

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Just to let you know Carl is settled in and loving every minute of his chossed career path. Says that Company life is hard
but hes still loving it.

Good for him. If only we could go back and do it all again, eh Martin?

Most viewed threads of the week