a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Suprise Suprise

Asia_Y

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
I suppose this thread is the appropriate one, just wanted to inform that Asia_Y, informed me a week or so ago, that her brother, made it in, got his Képi Blanc and are now aiming for to go to the 2 REP.

Hi to all again :) After some problems (lost account,new account) I can write again:) Thank you Don Pedro for the sharing of the news from my brother . He is still in Castelnaudary,waiting to be allocated. He talk for everything in the Legion with respect,very excited,finish farm with no traumas. That was his place,his dream was coming true and more boy's stories, that I dont understand :)))

cupcake

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Hi to all again :) After some problems (lost account,new account) I can write again:) Thank you Don Pedro for the sharing of the news from my brother . He is still in Castelnaudary,waiting to be allocated. He talk for everything in the Legion with respect,very excited,finish farm with no traumas. That was his place,his dream was coming true and more boy's stories, that I dont understand :)))
It must feel great having a dream come true like that, I wish him the best :)

Asia_Y

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Hi guys :) I cant find any video from Remise Kepi Blanc, which was at Cannes at 4 th or 5th of July:( If you find this video, please share . I searched all Youtube, but nothing.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Hi guys :) I cant find any video from Remise Kepi Blanc, which was at Cannes at 4 th or 5th of July:( If you find this video, please share . I searched all Youtube, but nothing.

I will ask my sons, that are in Cannes right now on summer holidays, to look up some local newspapers for photos and maybe some video and see if we can get them posted. I will call them tonight. So hang in there, but i can't promise you anything Asia_Y.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Just a up date letter today. Boys doing good out there in jungle bunny land.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Quick update Carl is doing really well. Still living the dream.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Quick update Carl is doing really well. Still living the dream.

Is he going to stay 2 or 3 years in 3 REI : seems the rules have been changed and from now on you stay there three years, followed immediately by minimum 2 years in another regiment in mainland France

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Is he going to stay 2 or 3 years in 3 REI : seems the rules have been changed and from now on you stay there three years, followed immediately by minimum 2 years in another regiment in mainland France[
]

Wants to do two years and the go back to France, hes says either 1er rec or a infantry regiment on the mainland doesnt want to go to the REP

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Is he going to stay 2 or 3 years in 3 REI : seems the rules have been changed and from now on you stay there three years, followed immediately by minimum 2 years in another regiment in mainland France[
]

Wants to do two years and the go back to France, hes says either 1er rec or a infantry regiment on the mainland doesnt want to go to the REP

Martin: a regiment in mainland France cannot be the REP since they are on an island :p:p

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Sorry, Martin interpreted my message correctly : I should have written "apparently now 3 years in Guyana immediately followed by 2 years in 'France Métropolitaine" (which includes Corsica)"

i know, was just pulling his chain :)

btw in la (vieux) Legion there was no room for interpertation but the spoken word was law
(which sometimes led to funny situations as the CCh who spoke bad french thought they were yanking his chain by doing something completely different as he wanted, or standing with a questionmark on their faces not knowing what to do, not realizing he used the wrong words

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
What change of which Discipline?

Maybe the discipline of going after female tourists in the summer and drinking beer on the beach every weekend

Coming from a wet jungle with spiders, anacondas etc the discipline of relaxing a bit after working hours and be in the normal world could be harsh

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Newsflash Letter from Carl done his two years in the jungle now back in mainland France as a Brigadier (Corporal, in the Cavalry) with the 4ème Escadron 1er Rec.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Newsflash Letter from Carl done his two years in the jungle now back in mainland France as a Brigadier (Corporal, in the Cavalry) with the 4ème Escadron 1er Rec.
Recommended for promotion (wait out) early days yet.