a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
One of my reasons for picking up bass guitar. Especially live version of it.

live version here
Yeah, they are great life band. Many times better than studio versions. Keith Moon really making impression on many of those songs songs with going crazy on drums

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Serge Gainsbourg also wrote this for France Gall:

Bags of double meaning, in that one :ROFLMAO:. She won the eurovision contest with it.
Her boyfriend, at the time was Claude Francois who was jealous so he wrote the song "comme d'habitude" The same/ as usual.
You may recognize it:unsure: :rolleyes:;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Serge Gainsbourg also wrote this for France Gall:
I don't get double meaning Joe? At least in English translation.

But he always remembers me when I tried to approach French girl with his song "Je T'aime,...Moi Non Plus" without ever translating it. I was convinced that was nice old French song about love... Dirty old beaky Frenchman. :)
Like girl having orgasm in that song wasn't enough of a clue for me.
Good (or bad) was that I later discovered that French girl was a lesbian, so song didn't played big role anyway. :(

I guess that Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam... It's Nirvana's cover from jet another Scottish band named "The Vaselines". I guess they are close with "Butthole Surfers". :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
for Joseph Cosgrove :D
Love that song and video... :) I already see all of us from different countries going out at shoving some seek moves on dance floor... And then... at the and of disco train... From country of England... coming out good friend of mine: Chas And killing us all with some crazy, sick, old moves. :)
(Greethings Chas, just having some fun ;))

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Claymore whiskey in the glass. For whom the bell tolls from the tube.. I feel like dancing.

I gave you a like, not particularly because of the music, but rather for the title of the group; for whom the bell tolls.
The phrase "For whom the bell tolls" refers to the church bells that are rung when a person dies. Hence, the author is suggesting that we should not be curious as to for whom the church bell is tolling for. It is for all of us.

An excellent poem and a book by Earnest Hemmingway.

For Whom the Bell Tolls
by
John Donne​
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
A promontory is a high narrow cliff like piece of land that sticks out into the sea.
Eh, oui, I took English lit at school as one of my options. Mainly because I thought it would be one of the easier subjects.

Most viewed threads of the week