a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

What are you listening to today?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Georges Young
Malcolm Young
Angus Young
Steve Young...later Stevie Young...
All born in Scotland....
And of course i have to add, Bon Scott (born a few klicks from where i was...there is a statue in Perth Australie of him...Ask Ozzy
Think before you post squire....or at least check Google
So they moved to Oz when they were Young...and ?
Aye, we had économique refugees even then....

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Georges Young
Malcolm Young
Angus Young
All born in Scotland....
And of course i have to add, Bon Scott (born a few klicks from where i was...there is a statue in Perth Australie of him...Ask Ozzy
Rhodie has ruined perfectly good Tevas for less - and the proof is there. Angus comes from Chuck Berry stock (cotton pickin' land). Nobody moves like that without Chuck Berry genes in their blood... :)

Last edited:

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Rhodie has ruined perfectly good Tevas for less - and the proof is there. Angus comes from Chuck Berry stock (cotton pickin' land). Nobody moves like that without Chuck Berry genes in their blood... :)

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Georges Young
Malcolm Young
Angus Young
All born in Scotland....
Legend says, William Wallace's last words to the English were: "Anyone for some Akka Dakka🤘?" and started to shake his head in a circular manner... 🤣🤣🤣
Peace out✌️😉
(I heard somewhere they call it a kilt, because the last guy that called it a skirt got stabbed)

Last edited:

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Legend says, William Wallace's last words to the English were: "Anyone for some Akka Dakka🤘?" and started to shake his head in a circular manner... 🤣🤣🤣
Peace out✌️😉
I think you'll find William Wallace is still alive and kicking Perun (despite him being hung, drawn and quartered over 700 years ago). If proof is needed watch "BBC Parliament" any Wednesday afternoon and listen to the SNP.

Some things just won't die it seems.

Jean d'Arc is another example. I lost count of how many times I was asked "why did we burn her?" when I lived in France. I never had a suitable answer to that so invariably mumbled something about being cold.

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
Georges Young
Malcolm Young
Angus Young
All born in Scotland....
I do think before I do most things. They call themselves an Aussie band. Not me. They recorded, wrote and played here before they went big. I think thats the point they are making, their band roots are defo in Australia. Not Scotland. Colin Hay was born in Scotland, does that mean Men at Work are Scottish?, what about Cold Chisel? on and on.

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
It's no skin off my nose Kron, I've seen them interviewed time and time again on Aussie TV every time the question comes up and they revert they are Aussie. I have no dog in the fight either way, Scottish or Aussie, means nothing to me, I just like their music. Kylie has lived and worked in the UK for 30 years releasing most of her crap over there, does she consider herself a Brit now? I don't know?. Its the individual and bands call to say where they think their roots are I suppose. The rest is academic, If people want to get angry over such tripe, so be it, i'm off for a brew and a w#nk. :D(y)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Another scootish creation...
Jimmy Page, was born in Sassenach Land (England, London)...but his parents were Scots....same for Rod Stewart

Do i have to create a thread on it's own on Scottish musical influence ?
Ffs, even the King, Elvis Presley, was of scottish descente, his mother !

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
Another scootish creation...
Jimmy Page, was born in Sassenach Land (England, London)...but his parents were Scots....same for Rod Stewart

Do i have to create a thread on it's own on Scottish musical influence ?
Ffs, even the King, Elvis Presley, was of scottish descente, his mother !
Not a bad idea for a thread actually. Trump's Mother was Scottish I believe, the lead singer of Talking Heads was born there also if I am not mistaken?.