What are you listening to today?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Soûl and Motown shakes my thing
Certain artists, like Nina Simone captivates me (she is burried near Nice FR. I belive)
Neil Diamond. Art and Garfunkel.Jefferson Airoplane. Iggy Pop. Debbie Harry and Blondie. Chuck Berry. Elvis. Johnny Cash etc. .list is long
They do not make them like that any more. ..
Going to go on You Tube now and listen to my play lists
Have time to spare

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Joe, when there is no "Butthole Surfers", " The Vaselines" or good too. :)

I like Nirvana version better.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
This song, Dirty auld town, was written by Ewan Mcoll and it talks about Salford. Ewan Mcoll was the father of Kristy McColl, famous for the song she sang along side the Pogues, who also interprèted Dirty Auld town
Many others have sung this song. .Rod Stewart in 1969 Roger Whittaker, Catherine Ringer of the Rita Musoko, Simple Minds and some times me

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Are there any other foreign military marches like katiusha or erika that are sung in the FFL?
Yeah, the German march ‘SS marchiert in Feindes land’ from the Eastern Front campaign is the regimental song of 2REP, called ‘La legion marche vers le front’.

Both versions are on Youtube

Great military songs, both of them, complete with ‘nous n’avons pas seulement les armes, le el’diable marche avec nous, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.’
Basically same text in the German SS version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Soûl and Motown shakes my thing
Certain artists, like Nina Simone captivates me (she is burried near Nice FR. I belive)
Neil Diamond. Art and Garfunkel.Jefferson Airoplane. Iggy Pop. Debbie Harry and Blondie. Chuck Berry. Elvis. Johnny Cash etc. .list is long
They do not make them like that any more. ..
Going to go on You Tube now and listen to my play lists
Have time to spare
Love Johnny cash and Frank sinatra

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Wanted to go with "Friday", but changed my mind:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I watched the film Bohemian Rhapsody last night (no homo :love: -well on my part anyway, there are a couple scenes of mustached men kissing other mustached men o_O.
But Freddy when he goes on stage at Wembley in front of over 1 million people live and 1.5 billion world wide, knowing that he has recently been diagnosed with AIDS, well it does have quite an affect.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I watched the film Bohemian Rhapsody last night (no homo :love: -well on my part anyway, there are a couple scenes of mustached men kissing other mustached men o_O.
But Freddy when he goes on stage at Wembley in front of over 1 million people live and 1.5 billion world wide, knowing that he has recently been diagnosed with AIDS, well it does have quite an affect.
He was a great singer, George Michael too.

Most viewed threads of the week