a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Serge Gainsbourg with his daughter Charlotte. Play on words? If he wasn't a genius he would never have got away with it.
Charlotte won the 'Female artist of the year 2018' in the French "Victoires de la musique"

And this one which was written by him for him and Bridget Bardot but in the end was made famous by his English wife Jane Birkin.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
OMG Joe! I would never listen "Je t'aime" in same manner.

That first song is really ,really weird shit. So what French news wright about in? Is there something weird rally going on between him and his daughter or is that just to draw publicity?

Other way is really weird. But sound good, Can't deny that.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Listen to 69 (provoked a scandal at the Vatican )
Harley David son of a bitch (with Brigitte Bardot)
Mon legionnaire
Sea Sex and Sun

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
One more "Mon Légionnaire". Look around 25 sec. Is that DCLXVI when he had only few tattoos, of course his trademark all-seeing eye of Satan is there. :) :D :)

Why did old legionnaires love Edit Piaf? Was she something like Lili Marleen to Germans. I gues in old days you had one hot singer and that was that. She shows up knee and everybody goes crazy. These days you have to look really hard to find singer which doesn't look like stripper and actually know to sing.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

And not that famous one, but definitely one of the best Seal's songs. That first album is incredible. All later songs together does not have quality as that first album!

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This should be the song of all those who are going to join :

First verse :
My dear parents I'm leaving,
I love you but I'm leaving.
You will no longer have a child tonight.
I'm not fleeing, I'm flying,
Understand that I'm flying without smoking (high) without Alcohol, I'm flying. I'm flying.