a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
The title of the thread is what are you listening to today.
After having a look at the various posts, I like a bit of time to myself,
so yes, I was listening to this song today :

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hey, it's got to better than dusa's Fugazi, I'm so tired? ;)

Yeah, it's really depressing song and I'm listening when I feel really deep down. Fortunately I'm not staying there really long. But yeah, it's a good song for crying over your own destiny justifying yourself for things you didn't done. Blaming bad destiny for everything. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yeah, it's really depressing song and I'm listening when I feel really deep down. Fortunately I'm not staying there really long. But yeah, it's a good song for crying over your own destiny justifying yourself for things you didn't done. Blaming bad destiny for everything. :)

Dusa, if you think that's bad take a listen to this one:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Haha. Sounds like song missing aaah song. It only have start of a song

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Some true Jamaican sound. Kids these days don't know how much of music they're listening are influenced by Jamaican flavor. Much of it from dancehall - raggamuffin style which have roots in other Jamaican music styles.

It's incredible that such small country gave so much of good music. And no I don't think about Bob Marley! With all do respect to him but there's hundreds other of really good Jamaican performers. At least there was till 00's. I don't know what situation today is.

Famous "twerking" (Who those who don't know what that is just search word on youtube ;)) also have roots in Jamaica. Many people (twerking-girls among them) don't know that information.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Not a big fan, but they have few really good ones. ;I

Sexpert, I'm sure you will find some golden brown girl to wrongly sing this song to. ;)

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

I found interesting that many real Africans really don't like this song. I mean I fully understand that. I It's highly colonial and ignorant about Africa as song can be. :) But is is a good song!

Do we have some real Africans to give as opinion on it?
Snafu (sorry my friend ;)) And other white South Africans you or not consider to be real Africans by me!!! :)
I mean you are African, but somehow I can't comprehend white Africans.
If this is other way around, I would be labeled racist without second thoughts. But yeah ... that's how world working these days.

I mean I'm just talking trash. How do you guys feel about it? Do you consider yourself African? Do your black countrymen consider you African?

I mean I really have little knowledge about that huge continent. Got some friends from Algeria. They don't like Sub-Saharan Africans and of course they don't like the French. He told me (my friend from Algeria) that they give French names to a dogs. Usual names of some important generals. :). I have really hard time to explain to him that I'm going to join FFL. ;)

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Snafu (sorry my friend ;)) And other white South Africans you or not consider to be real Africans by me!!!
Dusa, the French have a saying "you're handing him the stick to beat you with." As for your Algerian friends, I think that given half the chance they would leap at the chance to get on the French social security system. Until recently they could sign on the dole and go back to living in Algeria. the whole family could get medical treatment for free by using just a couple of the families living in France's carte Vital.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Dusaboss, I consider myself part African, some of my ancestors were here in South Africa in the 1600s already. Thats longer than most "Americans" can look back into their family tree. I consider myself Africain par le sang versé.:) I can speak three African Languages as well as 3 and a half European languages. Like most South Africans we are mongrels that embraced our Rainbow Nation.

By the same argument do you consider white Australians to be true Aussies or White New Zealanders to be true Kiwis? Heck whats even a true Englishman a mish mash of Celts, Romans, Saxons, Normans? The yanks? Are they true Americans? How far back are you willing to go? But what I can tell you is that every white South African I know considers Africa their home, and even though some immigrated they can't stop coming back to visit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Not a big fan, but they have few really good ones. ;I

Sexpert, I'm sure you will find some golden brown girl to wrongly sing this song to. ;)
later on their Music changed with Men in Black.... Best Albums were Rattus norvegicus, Black & White...no more Heroes.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Just for my main friend Joe who are sweating his little ass in gym as I'm posting this. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks Dusa, that will really help me work out :whistle:. I don't think there are going to be any bikini clad photographers running after me on my bicycle when I go and buy some cat litter after my shower. But thanks for the motivation boost:rolleyes: