a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Thanks mate. That's the first time I've heard that version. Some of the words are lost on me, I suppose I'd have to get someone who was from that era to explain to me.
Actually, my first as well, but it’s a great rendering of the feelings of betrayal of the officers of 1REP by their government, and especially Ch. deGaulle. Some of it is slang, but the story is always the same, i.e. I have no regrets of what I did, the government betrayed the French in Algeria, etc. I’ll listen again.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Oh well, I still like the old German military songs, can’t help it, I grew up with them in the legion.

Ob sturmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns brant, der Tag gluhen heiz oder eiskalt die nacht.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, I still like the old German military songs, can’t help it, I grew up with them in the legion.

Ob sturmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns brant, der Tag gluhen heiz oder eiskalt die nacht.....
Das Panzerlied :ROFLMAO:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Please repair FORUM! If ome donations needed I'm will to help from my poor pocket

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Just for my friend with same name as band. (BTW I know friendship isn't both ways but...)