a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The opening to that song reminded me of this:

"We're all going to paradise, even me"

Yes ... shades! So cool ! I think I would buy one of those. ... and you need some balls to wear it.... But they are so cool so I will do it... believe me. ;)

Also song is incredible! I first heard what you posted some time ago Joe, but I'm pretty sure that I heard some close (fake) English versions of it.

Love that song! Love you Joe! But I'm sorry to inform we would not go to paradise! :( Real legionnaires doesn't go there! (And I have my reasons why they won't let me in :))

But do we really want to go there Joe? What is paradise after all? Everything great, everything perfect for eternity!?! Anyone want that? I don't, for sure. Would be life so interesting if everything is perfect like heaven supposed to be? Of Course no. We need both side of coin.

Anyway back from my "deep" philosophy, song is truly masterpiece, I'm listening it over and over. And video is ... interesting :). All that older, hot ladies watching him ... hmm! Its tickle my imagination. I love older ladies. I mean reasonable older (Like no more than 50 y older than me. Kidding, of course... )
But range of +25.. if she is good looking ... no problem at all! May Ex was 14 y older and we have long lasting great relationship. I really have trouble to communicate with all the young girls. It seems to me that most of them does not understand male - female relations same as I do (Maybe male to male Sexparet? its same s*it ;))
same as most girls from my generation did.

That shift in girls behavior (may be boys as well) already started when I was young (14 y), but now it's taking new dimensions. And I don't like what I see. It's not good for boys, its not good for those girls. It is only good for certain number of men which I wouldn't like to name because that would lead to my post being deleted.

Last edited:

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes ... shades! So cool ! I think I would buy one of those. ... and you need some balls to wear it.... But they are so cool so I will do it... believe me. ;)

Also song is incredible! I first heard what you posted some time ago Joe, but I'm pretty sure that I heard some close (fake) English versions of it.

Love that song! Love you Joe! But I'm sorry to inform we would not go to paradise! :( Real legionnaires doesn't go there! (And I have my reasons why they won't let me in :))

But do we really want to go there Joe? What is paradise after all? Everything great, everything perfect for eternity!?! Anyone want that? I don't, for sure. Would be life so interesting if everything is perfect like heaven supposed to be? Of Course no. We need both side of coin.

Anyway back from my "deep" philosophy, song is truly masterpiece, I'm listening it over and over. And video is ... interesting :). All that older, hot ladies watching him ... hmm! Its tickle my imagination. I love older ladies. I mean reasonable older (Like no more than 50 y older than me. Kidding, of course... )
But range of +25.. if she is good looking ... no problem at all! May Ex was 14 y older and we have long lasting great relationship. I really have trouble to communicate with all the young girls. It seems to me that most of them does not understand male - female relations same as I do (Maybe male to male Sexparet? its same s*it ;))
same as most girls from my generation did.

That shift in girls behavior (may be boys as well) already started when I was young (14 y), but now it's taking new dimensions. And I don't like what I see. It's not good for boys, its not good for those girls. It is only good for certain number of men which I wouldn't like to name because that would lead to my post being deleted.
Get a grip Dusa! Like it or not this a foreign legion site!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Get a grip Dusa! Like it or not this a foreign legion site!
Sorry if I'm bit of sometimes. But hey I'm not only one.:censored:

You don't like mine philosophy ... don't you ? I know I can board even myself sometimes. :) But sometimes I say something smart, By the way last one wasn't of topic totally

Last edited:

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Sorry if I'm bit of sometimes. But hey I'm not only one.:censored:
Understand. We like having you on here. Others? They seem to think it’s nice to act like they know everything about us..bollocks!! Don’t like it? Piss off to another website!! I don’t think any of us greens would lecture any of you types on your various websites/ Forum’s.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Understand. We like having you on here. Others? They seem to think it’s nice to act like they know everything about us..bollocks!! Don’t like it? Piss off to another website!! I don’t think any of us greens would lecture any of you types on your various websites/ Forum’s.
You types? Can you clarify?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Which brings to the subject that I'm flying out tomorrow morning. I'm taking air emirates to Dubai and from there to Paris for the night and then onto Mali the next day.
I've already got my return flight booked of the 04th of August. So in between time I'll be on and off whenever I can.
I'm going as a security consultant or security manager if you like, to a gold mine. It comes as a relief because of the changes in the law here in Thailand.

The title of the song Marriage in Bamako brings back some bad memories. the last time I was working in Mali it was for G4S as Director of Operations. At the same time I was project manager to the US Embassy. Whenever one of the family would get married, the guard would just not bother turning up. when asked why he didn't telephone he would say that he had no credit on his phone.
He would not get paid for that day and would be given 2 days suspended without pay. Would that dissuade them? Nope. Until it came to the Tabaski festival. This is the time when Muslims slaughter a sheep or ram or whatever. Those that have not been suspended are given a bonus, the minimum is enough to pay for a sheep.

Anyway, this time it won't be my problem, i'll just inform Securicom and let them worry about it.:alien:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Which brings to the subject that I'm flying out tomorrow morning. I'm taking air emirates to Dubai and from there to Paris for the night and then onto Mali the next day.
I've already got my return flight booked of the 04th of August. So in between time I'll be on and off whenever I can.
I'm going as a security consultant or security manager if you like, to a gold mine. It comes as a relief because of the changes in the law here in Thailand.

The title of the song Marriage in Bamako brings back some bad memories. the last time I was working in Mali it was for G4S as Director of Operations. At the same time I was project manager to the US Embassy. Whenever one of the family would get married, the guard would just not bother turning up. when asked why he didn't telephone he would say that he had no credit on his phone.
He would not get paid for that day and would be given 2 days suspended without pay. Would that dissuade them? Nope. Until it came to the Tabaski festival. This is the time when Muslims slaughter a sheep or ram or whatever. Those that have not been suspended are given a bonus, the minimum is enough to pay for a sheep.

Anyway, this time it won't be my problem, i'll just inform Securicom and let them worry about it.:alien:
Look after yourself Joe. And... Leave the sheep alone 😄