a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
1,6- 1,7 €. But is crap, as I said really watery because is made in here. There is not one international brand of beer which is not significantly gone down in quality once they started making it here. But we still paying full price like beer was made as it should. :)
That's way i'm drinking only Serbian brands (actually one brand).

Generally speaking, I tend to drink beer that's brewed locally, no matter where I am. I find its usually superior. I drank quite a lovely local beer in Malta recently. Kind of like Tennents, but a little sweeter. Name escapes me but try it if you ever visit the place.

For the thread, not a bad cover.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
so many good Beers here... there is a local beer which is ok. going down very well :) will be blasted by the time the wife gets here :ROFLMAO:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Generally speaking, I tend to drink beer that's brewed locally, no matter where I am. I find its usually superior. I drank quite a lovely local beer in Malta recently. Kind of like Tennents, but a little sweeter. Name escapes me but try it if you ever visit the place.

We had great local brewery which made probably best beer in whole old Yugoslavia. You could found that brand in every part of Yugo. Then they started to make worse and worse beer and eventually they closed couple years ago.
There is I think small home brewers now in my area, but that is out of my rich for everyday drinking, both physical and with price.

Local beers or usually great if brewery have bar so you go there and get fresh, unpasteurized beer which is always much better than one in bottles and cans.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
We had great local brewery which made probably best beer in whole old Yugoslavia. You could found that brand in every part of Yugo. Then they started to make worse and worse beer and eventually they closed couple years ago.
There is I think small home brewers now in my area, but that is out of my rich for everyday drinking, both physical and with price.

Local beers or usually great if brewery have bar so you go there and get fresh, unpasteurized beer which is always much better than one in bottles and cans.
I used to drink Warsteiner beer but it got to popular & just did not taste the same. some old guy told me it´s the water they use now... :unsure: the British Army guys called it "wobbly" a good beer RIP

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I used to drink Warsteiner beer but it got to popular & just did not taste the same. some old guy told me it´s the water they use now... :unsure: the British Army guys called it "wobbly" a good beer RIP
That's always cause what brewery can meet demand for beer. Here popular brands going down with quality in summer because of increased demand. I think there is something in brewing process they speed up and don't go for time as they should. So now my "cheap beer" becomes almost undrinkable to me so I had to switch on dark beer of same brand.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
That's always cause what brewery can meet demand for beer. Here popular brands going down with quality in summer because of increased demand. I think there is something in brewing process they speed up and don't go for time as they should. So now my "cheap beer" becomes almost undrinkable to me so I had to switch on dark beer of same brand.
brew your own.. remember getting a beer brewing kit from i think "Boots" in the Thistle Centre Stirling. had a big bucket in my wardrobe. was about 14 ..haha

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I remember back in Norway, when Norwegian beer was passed through a human body it magically turned into Swedish beer,

( I think it was called Pripps, or perhaps it was drips?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yes there was many a Fantasie about this ex Page 3 girl.. Did ok too as a singer. 😁

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
For the old & bold.. Sam fox 😁
What is yours (everyone's) first association when hear her name? :)

I like that 80s synth-pop, despite many of songs cheesiness. There is some with quality in it also.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What is yours (everyone's) first association when hear her name? :)

I like that 80s synth-pop, despite many of songs cheesiness. There is some with quality in it also.

Gary numan was good at the time. He was also a pilot (light aircraft) I remember i had a girlfriend who was into the Human League.. bought her an album. we made love to the music. :)