a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
As the forum is particularly quiet at the moment, I though I would put on the 'all time Eurovision song contest winner', run by the BBC. First of all some runners up:

No offense Israel, but what was that?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I don't particularly like the Eurovision as you may tell why from this next winner:
Adolf would be turning in his grave, Austria has come a long way (not necessarily in the right dirction) I thought that the bearded Lady was a circus attraction in the 60's

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This next one isn't bad at all. It's just a pity there wasn't a bit more camera on the lady in lime green ;) .
She's actually an Aussi who represented the UK, Why not France Gall once represented Luxembourg:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
My favorite, Fucks Bizz Bucks fizz. I can just see Dusa now, dancing along at his local disco (around the 1 minute).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
If you are still looking at this thread. The BBCs vote on the all time winner: (check out that guitar o_O)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Although the name will not mean anything to you, Jean-Loup Dabadie a cassé sa pipe.
He was a was a French journalist, writer, lyricist, screenwriter and member of the Académie française.
He wrote songs for some of the greats (French)

We will all go to heaven even me
Whether we are blessed or cursed, we will go
All the good sisters and all the thieves
All the sheep and all the bandits
We will all go to paradise
We will all go to paradise, even me
Whether blessed or cursed, we will go
With the saints and the assassins
The women of the world and then the whores
Don't believe what people say
It's your heart that's the only church
Leave your soul a little wave
Don't be afraid of the color of the flames of hell
We will all go to heaven, even me
Whether we believe in God or not believe in it, we will go
Whether we have done good or bad
I will all be invited to the ball
We will all go to paradise, even me
Whether we believe in God or not believe in it, we will go
With Christians, with pagans
And even dogs and even sharks
We will all go to paradise, even me (thank you)

Here's a sketch well known in France that he wrote;

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Joe , feel free to picture me as thus guy from the video. Just don't connect me with Eurovision anymore, please. :)

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
OK, got ye Dusa ;) ,
As Dusa no longer wants to be officially associated with the Eurovision song contest, even though Serbia did win with Molitiva. I would like to point out how much I don't like people who "retake" a song done by famous people or famous groups. I'll give you an example- Yesterday has the record of the most retakes of anyone group (eh oui, it was writen and sung solo by Paul McCartney but was a Beatles song - which added another straw to the breakdown camel's back). I mean OK, there are exceptions, My Way which was first sung by Claude Francois as comme d'habitude. And of course there is SOS d'un terrien en detresse written by Michel Berger which was famously sung in Frnch by Daniel Balavoine and then in English by Peter Kingsberg.. See #1 294.
However these are the rare exceptions for me. But...
Here is another one

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For those who don't know what I was on about Michel Berger (ex companion of France Gall wrote a song called SOS un terrien en detresse for the rock opera "Starmania".

It was retaken by Gregory Lemarchal. He sang this live en one of those silly competitions that they have on Saturday evenings. A bit like loft story, I forget what it was called. Anyway it was tragic ! He was taken on to take part in this singing competition, which he actually won - hardly surprising when you hear him sing - when he was already sick, knowing that he was going to die.
Looking at him, he's a belle geuele; of course all the young girls were in love with him. I don't know how many hearts he broke when he passed away.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
OK, got ye Dusa ;) ,
As Dusa no longer wants to be officially associated with the Eurovision song contest, even though Serbia did win with Molitiva. I would like to point out how much I don't like people who "retake" a song done by famous people or famous groups.
Joe I hope you don't think about song I just posted. It's not remake (as long as I know, correct me if my wiring) it's just influenced by Michael Jackson's style both musically and visually but it's done correctly and good.
I think that song would be one of the best in this year. Computing for some prestige awards (not Eurovision :) )
You can also see heavy influence of films "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and Joker" in video. Maybe some other I missed as well, buy final product looks original and really good. It's one thing when musician (artist) just bluntly steal something and its totally different when one is influenced by something to make something new and good.

Last edited:

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Joe I hope you don't think about song I just posted. It's not remake (as long as I know, correct me if my wiring) it's just influenced by Michael Jackson's style both musically and visually but it's done correctly and good.
I think that song would be one of the best in this year. Computing for some prestige awards (not Eurovision :) )
You can also see heavy influence of films "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and Joker" in video. Maybe some other I missed as well, buy final product looks original and really good. It's one thing when musician (artist) just bluntly steal something and its totally different when one is influenced by something to make something new and good.
You are officially absolved from having anything to do with the Eurovision contest dusa!😉

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I wasn't referring to your song, Dusa. It's just that when I went to click on to see if there was any new posts* and saw none, I thought that I would take the opportunity to post a song which I like. To kind of liven things up a bit.
Isn't today some kind of anniversary for the Yougos?
I haven't got time to check yet, I've got half an hour of Excel and then it's shopping with Erika.

*Has anyone else noticed that there hasn't been anyone 'introducing' themselves for a while?
In fact if you click on the members tab, you will see that there hasn't been a new member joining since July 2019.
Of course I've contacted the boss and the web master, in case there is a system problem.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Isn't today some kind of anniversary for the Yougos?
Not really. If we don't count that on this day in 91. Red Star won UEFA Champions League.

You maybe think about Relay of Youth which was celebrated in Yugoslavia until 88. but date was 25. May. It was big national holiday and celebration. Not big fan of that because that was actual Tito's birthday. Bit contradictory that whole country celebrating birthday of one man while having system according which everyone should be equal. :)
There was also 29. November which was day of republic. Day when post WW2 Yugoslavia was established.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not really. If we don't count that on this day in 91. Red Star won UEFA Champions League.

You maybe think about Relay of Youth which was celebrated in Yugoslavia until 88. but date was 25. May. It was big national holiday and celebration. Not big fan of that because that was actual Tito's birthday. Bit contradictory that whole country celebrating birthday of one man while having system according which everyone should be equal. :)
There was also 29. November which was day of republic. Day when post WW2 Yugoslavia was established.
As always Dusa, you are quite correct. I, as is often the case, got my days mixed up (I should be publically flayed for that).