a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I've just learned that Guy Bedos has passed away, (see post # 2711. I've got to admit he wasn't one of my favorite comedians, in fact I'd put him along side Franc Dubosq. However It does touch me that he passed away more or less"in the shade".

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
He's got quite a story. He was in exile in the US until President Sarkozy "forgave" here he is in 2007 an the 14th of July at the champs de Mars (in front of the Eiffel tower

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
As for French artists I really like this band. They made some great songs during late 90s and early 00s. Interesting video BTW.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
He's got quite a story. He was in exile in the US until President Sarkozy "forgave" here he is in 2007 an the 14th of July at the champs de Mars (in front of the Eiffel tower
Hahha :) I just read why he got exiled for. I'm sure that led to some interesting situation in US immigration. -"Sir why your country don't want you anymore?", - "Monsieur I made promotional poster of my naked butt and pasted them around for everyone to see!"

Is that real reason behind his exile? I mean I know it was 70s, but was that enough to banish citizen? Is that maybe "drop that filled the glass” or was there some political reasons? It's hard for me to understand that one public picture of your naked ass can make you expelled from country. I mean if we look music videos of today is hard to find one without naked butt in it. :) What would they do if Michel did twerking back in days? :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hahha :) I just read why he got exiled for. I'm sure that led to some interesting situation in US immigration. -"Sir why your country don't want you anymore?", - "Monsieur I made promotional poster of my naked butt and pasted them around for everyone to see!"

Is that real reason behind his exile? I mean I know it was 70s, but was that enough to banish citizen? Is that maybe "drop that filled the glass” or was there some political reasons? It's hard for me to understand that one public picture of your naked ass can make you expelled from country. I mean if we look music videos of today is hard to find one without naked butt in it. :) What would they do if Michel did twerking back in days? :)
Naw Dusa, it's all to do with tax evasion !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I haven't gotten round to buying the CD yet, although I know it will be a copy, or even had the chance to listen to it yet, but, I'll get that sorted tomorrow.

An absolute MUST listen

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Started to watch "La casa the papel" (Money heist). Hell of a show, I highly recommend it.

One of the soundtracks used is a classic, we sang it in elementary school :ROFLMAO:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Bello ciao, is not (originally), a partisan song but Yiddish folklore...
If you search enougth on Google, you will come across the original recording and the way it should be sung...1910 or there abouts...
Post Schitum: Ciao bello les conardies

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
tune yes, "koilen". words; first version was sang by italian "mondine" (women that worked in rise fields in northern Italy).
Song to which roots it was traced is "Fior de tomba).
..and it was never only a partisan song - but against oppressors of all sorts.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I liked the images.
Yeah Joe! It's Bosnia. Unfortunately, probably not one you or other legionnaires serving there in early 90s remember it. In fact those pictures or just shades of beauties that country have to offer. Unfortunately they, we .. whoever ....didn't know to appreciate enough beauty of that and other Yugoslavian republics