a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm not actually listening to this, but it was on this day in 1978 that the film was released.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

I just been through biggest disappointment of my life. I couldn't believe that women can hurt you so much. Not just as woman, as friend as human... Unbelievable, she F-up whole my concept.

If someone care and if that have something with this forum. BTW I believe that moments like this mine are when many people decide to join the legion.
Joe aren't you also joined after some failed relationship?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

I just been through biggest disappointment of my life. I couldn't believe that women can hurt you so much. Not just as woman, as friend as human... Unbelievable, she F-up whole my concept.

If someone care and if that have something with this forum. BTW I believe that moments like this mine are when many people decide to join the legion.
Joe aren't you also joined after some failed relationship?
Sorry to get back to you so late on this, Dusa. No, I didn't join the legion because of a failed relationship. I'd had a few along the way, but I've gotten over them. Besides the legion is no place to go to get over being dumped. You've got a lot of time on your hands, especially when you're on guard duty...
Why don't you just sit back and watch my latest YouTube video and let your mind rest for the 10 minutes. Perhaps even leave a like and a comment? o_O ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Sorry to get back to you so late on this, Dusa. No, I didn't join the legion because of a failed relationship. I'd had a few along the way, but I've gotten over them. Besides the legion is no place to go to get over being dumped. You've got a lot of time on your hands, especially when you're on guard duty...
Why don't you just sit back and watch my latest YouTube video and let your mind rest for the 10 minutes. Perhaps even leave a like and a comment? o_O ;)
I thought in the old days people ran away to the Legion to forget a woman :giggle:
I do agree though. Might not be a good idea !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

I'm not really listening to this. It's just that I read somewhere that it was making a huge comeback.

Although I voted for England in the Euro poll,

Here is a clue of who I really think will win it.
BTW, I see that the Poll thread has gotten 39 views, 3 replies and 5 answers. Where are our Asian friends who love football?
Anyway back to the song

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
A bit strange, his hair is also a bit strange orange.
Yeah totally it's totally whacked. I like how lyrics start.
I know a girl who thinks of ghosts,
She'll make you breakfast, she'll make you toast.
But she don't use butter.
And she don't use cheese.
She don't use jelly, or any of these.

It makes you think that girl is in some kind of healthy food. But then punchline with She uses Vaseline. :) :)

I think he dye hair orange for this video because of last verse

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada

I heard this tune as an EV and it stuck in my head for a while.."il y'a un machin dans ma tete..." and didn't realize there was a video until several years ago. I finally found the tune some 25 years later remembering a few bars from the melody.

This group has a few tunes which I like as well.

Definitely 80's..

I had some great adventures in Paris at some well known night clubs of the day. One club in particular was world class and I somehow was able to enter without issue or cover. Some wealthy, famous and others I had seen on TV/movies/news were there. Interesting times.

As an addition to Cargo de Nuit, there is also "Carbo de Nuit."

Last edited: