a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION What chanson is this?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Philippine

What Legion chant are these legionnaires singing? I have heard of parts of it before but haven't found it when I searched.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
How many would one have to learn, presumably, their Regimental's and that of the other Regiments they have served in if they have a long career. But Joe and to the Greens, what is the Legion's Hymn?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
How many would one have to learn, presumably, their Regimental's and that of the other Regiments they have served in if they have a long career. But Joe and to the Greens, what is the Legion's Hymn?
Le Boudin, there is no set number to learn, each section will have a chanson. Funnily enough our song, when we were in CAF, Central Africa, wasn't a legion song even though it was riddled with legion history. It was Edith Piaf's (la Mome) chanson Non, Rien de rien.*
I'm glad that it gave me a chance to mention it, because it is a clue to a crossword which I will be bringing out today. All the clues will be read out aloud by my masked assistant. It is to give people a chance to practice hearing and hopefully understanding the French language.

*After the (attempted?) Putsch in Algeria the officers who were held under fort arrest, in Fort de Nogent, would sing this.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Le Boudin, there is no set number to learn, each section will have a chanson. Funnily enough our song, when we were in CAF, Central Africa, wasn't a legion song even though it was riddled with legion history. It was Edith Piaf's (la Mome) chanson Non, Rien de rien.*
I'm glad that it gave me a chance to mention it, because it is a clue to a crossword which I will be bringing out today. All the clues will be read out aloud by my masked assistant. It is to give people a chance to practice hearing and hopefully understanding the French language.

*After the (attempted?) Putsch in Algeria the officers who were held under fort arrest, in Fort de Nogent, would sing this.
I know that song, they use it for commercials here.

What punishment did they end up getting Joe?

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States

A cross-word puzzle that's a good idea

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I know that song, they use it for commercials here.

What punishment did they end up getting Joe?
No-one was sentenced to death as was rumored at the time. I think that most of the ring leaders were kicked out and went to join the OAS along with other Pieds-noirs.
Nearly all of them had their careers put on hold.
I think Voltigeur would be more qualified to answer your question.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
A cross-word puzzle that's a good idea
Thank you very much USMCRET :love:, now the only thing is getting the generation game-boy away from their consoles and to take a shot at it :rolleyes:. After all it's for them. My French is pretty good, so it's not for me that I'm doing it.:oops:

Most viewed threads of the week