What should I do?

Ratings
2 1
Home Country
United States
I am about to be a paramedic is the u.s. but I am not able to work here because of their immigration policies and I won't be able to in England because of there requirements for paramedics so I would like to join the Legion next year or it might be late this year. It was suggested to me by an old Marine Sergeant who trained me in professional/real life as a fighter. Would I be able to be a medic in the Legion.

GuidoLovarini

Ratings
95 3
Home Country
Scotland
All depends mate. You should really be making your own mind up about something this big! Anyway best of luck whatever you choose to do.

Ratings
2 1
Home Country
United States
Well I was wonder would I be able to me a medic there or of being a paramedic gives be a better chance of become one there if I join I will but just seeing if I can be a medic if not I'm cool with it

GuidoLovarini

Ratings
95 3
Home Country
Scotland
You could possible be bud. But you first have to pass selection etc first. If you have qualifications etc you may have more chance of getting selected and then becoming a medic!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
937 4 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Karask88, when you've told us a little bit more about yourself, I'll try and answer your question having done the legion's medic course (in 3 REI). But it's not easy communicating with someone I don't know anything about.

You are about to become a paramedic, which is good. Where did you do this course and why can you not work in the US? A little background from people, not just you, will help when answering questions.

Ratings
2 1
Home Country
United States
Well I can't work because I was under DACA which is now gone. Yes I am about to be a paramedic and will be taking A Combat casualty care course and another which will make me a combat/rescue medic

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
354 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Karask88 hi and welcome to forum. How old are you? I guess30? Where are you from (State)? What is your nationality? What are your motives for joining FFL? Those and similar questions Joseph had on his mind when he told you to tell us a little bit more about yourself.

Ratings
2 1
Home Country
United States
I'm 25 I'm from Texas. As for a reason I've always wanted to join the military and I can't here. I was told about the Legion by an old Marine sergeant who told me go for it.

Ratings
367 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusa,
You are still being nosey. People joining the FFL have their own reasons. Some prefer not to discuss motives. I am not answering how many times I have had the clap. That would be my business :LOL:. Have you made a decision for yourself? Of course I'm now being nosey so you can remain sitting on the fence and not respond.
Now be a good boy not like Private Pike of Dad's Army. :oops:

Ratings
2 1
Home Country
United States
Dusa,
You are still being nosey. People joining the FFL have their own reasons. Some prefer not to discuss motives. I am not answering how many times I have had the clap. That would be my business :LOL:. Have you made a decision for yourself? Of course I'm now being nosey so you can remain sitting on the fence and not respond.
Now be a good boy not like Private Pike of Dad's Army. :oops:
Thank you.

Hi Karask88, when you've told us a little bit more about yourself, I'll try and answer your question having done the legion's medic course (in 3 REI). But it's not easy communicating with someone I don't know anything about.

You are about to become a paramedic, which is good. Where did you do this course and why can you not work in the US? A little background from people, not just you, will help when answering questions.
I can't work because of I was under a DACA but that is gone now. I have always wanted to join the military I have always thought it would be good good for me. I am about to finish paramedics in October and I hope will be doing a combat and rescue course which will make me a combat/rescue medic

Rapace

Ratings
376 3 1
Home Country
France
Well... What can we say? You're young, have a good reason to tell the recruiters for joining the Legion, since you can't work legally in the US (if I've understood well), have some skills that may appeal to the Legion. Re your status, which type of document are you having? I guess, not us US passport (otherwise you wouldn't have problems to work in the US), so check what are the visa requirements to enter France with the document you hold. In the interim, make sure you're in good physical form, learn some basic French (non mandatory, but it would help) and go for it. Not much more we can add.
Just bear in mind that the Legion will employ you as they deem useful for them. You'll start your career as a regular legionnaire without specialty and only after a while will you be given the option to become a combat medic is this is your wishes. Put differently, don't expect to be sent to such a course right after your enlistment.

Ratings
2 1
Home Country
United States
Well I'm originally from Trinidad, so I can travel tonthe EU very easy and like you said I don't expect them to let me do right away and it's based on what they need. Cool thanks guys.

Most viewed threads of the week