a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite youtube video?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I went through that exact same speech by the same guy. In fact..wait a minute..

Well I assume that. Speech is to good be told just ones. Sound great in French. and that guy have some interpretation skill. Once you hear that, you will think twice before bite him somewhere unprotected. :)

176607Mick

Unregistered
It's a long story. Me and Paul have been mates for years. I'm going to see him soon. So many stories. I don't have the words to describe the shit me and Lucky went through. He was/is my partner in crime. Clue: flagpole: me: Paul: plan p. [emoji95]. Now an American citizen paul had appeared in Films and TV shows when he lived in Beverley Hills. Since 2005 he has been a firefighter in LA. My best friend and brother. I'm going to America in Sept. many beers will he downed by us.

176607Mick

Unregistered
Nick. I don't seem to able to respond to messages on DM. It states your inbox is full.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
It's a long story. Me and Paul have been mates for years. I'm going to see him soon. So many stories. I don't have the words to describe the shit me and Lucky went through. He was/is my partner in crime. Clue: flagpole: me: Paul: plan p. [emoji95]. Now an American citizen paul had appeared in Films and TV shows when he lived in Beverley Hills. Since 2005 he has been a firefighter in LA. My best friend and brother. I'm going to America in Sept. many beers will he downed by us.

What was the going rate of a Kronenbourg in your day Mick?

176607Mick

Unregistered
What was the going rate of a Kronenbourg in your day Mick?

As I recall I think it was Two francs a can in the pouf about the same in the Foyer or mostly if you were me, free due to 'Micks Great Beer Robbery' which found its way to my Chambre in Regina at CEFE

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
As I recall I think it was Two francs a can in the pouf about the same in the Foyer or mostly if you were me, free due to 'Micks Great Beer Robbery' which found its way to my Chambre in Regina at CEFE

Shit Mick between plan p and the "Great Beer Robbery" you must have ended up with more bananes than most will earn in 20 years. Unless you weren't caught, in which case I won't ask questions, no need to incriminate yourself!

176607Mick

Unregistered
Shit Mick between plan p and the "Great Beer Robbery" you must have ended up with more bananes than most will earn in 20 years. Unless you weren't caught, in which case I won't ask questions, no need to incriminate yourself!

It's the past mate? I just didn't get caught? Was a week late once getting back to Aubagne from a chicks gaff in Place De Pologne in Marseille. Me and Gumby making beer monsters delight and was so drunk I was forgetting how to talk. Did 20 days reduced to 10 as I was placed as a roadie for the band.:) me and jock mason. That was punishment enough. Was banged up in Guyane (the great escape from the nick to pouf and back) and for bashing a local in the chops for trying to take a wallet off of a drunken CCH (who I detested, but Legionnaire and all that) solitary confinement after fighting with Kev O'Neil in the pouf (good mates now) that's about it. I should have got the undetected crimes medal. But I didn't, just lucky and the sous off etc actually liked me.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
It's the past mate? I just didn't get caught? Was a week late once getting back to Aubagne from a chicks gaff in Place De Pologne in Marseille. Me and Gumby making beer monsters delight and was so drunk I was forgetting how to talk. Did 20 days reduced to 10 as I was placed as a roadie for the band.:) me and jock mason. That was punishment enough. Was banged up in Guyane (the great escape from the nick to pouf and back) and for bashing a local in the chops for trying to take a wallet off of a drunken CCH (who I detested, but Legionnaire and all that) solitary confinement after fighting with Kev O'Neil in the pouf (good mates now) that's about it. I should have got the undetected crimes medal. But I didn't, just lucky and the sous off etc actually liked me.

Sounds like a blast!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Not that I'm big fan of China, but have to admit that they really did great job with this parade. Russian and other parades that I saw do not come even close.

[video=youtube;0vVOXlgHC1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVOXlgHC1U[/video]

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Not that I'm big fan of China, but have to admit that they really did great job with this parade. Russian and other parades that I saw do not come even close.

[video=youtube;0vVOXlgHC1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVOXlgHC1U[/video]

Quantity over quality, but they are modernizing their military at a phenomenal rate.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Quantity over quality, but they are modernizing their military at a phenomenal rate.

Yes, but usual quantity win wars. And I will not agree that China have low quality weapons and equipment. In past 20 y they modernized army in probably second world power.

Also when they make things for army they pay attention on quality. That's not same chip shit that they selling all over the world. Yes, most of their advanced weapons are made by copying Russian and Western originals, but through the years they really have become masters of copying.
Anyway they are not same China from 30 years ago and definitely not country to ******* around with.

In recent years geopolitical scene are drastically changed. We have powerful China. Russia regain some of it power so Cold War 2 is in bloom. Also some other players on scene. Hmm, very interesting time to be alive.

Watch closely Turkey and Erdogan. He is important game changer in recent years. There is many going on about who will sell gas to the Europe. We have Syria mainly because of that. (there is other reasons too, but that is big one). We will see more conflict because of that "gas selling" crisis

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What amazed me about this parade is not so much weapons, then how is whole thing choreographed , well organized and performed. Whole thing really look great and powerful.

Paraca

Reaction score
Home Country
Spain
But time you do spend practicing the parade is time that you do not spend practicing "tactical shit".

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You missing bigger picture Paraca. Parades or not just waste of time and resources, especially in this case. They have great impact on soldiers (and civil) moral. Also this sending powerful message to unfriendly nations.

With this one, China made a Bullseye. When Serbia or Croatia make army parade it's... painful to watch. Especially when you know that soldier are almost hungry.