When to arrive at Aubagne?

aaaggg

Home Country
United States
Hello,

I will be arriving at the gates in Aubagne on Jan 21st. I've read a post from BuffaloBillCody that said he arrived at 10AM, was made to wait about 10 minutes, and then told to come back later in the day at 2PM.

Is there a "good time" to go to the gates? I've read that the worst time to go is around noon due to lunch time.

Thank you for your responses in advance.

aaaggg

Home Country
United States
Do you think that whole regiment goes to lunch in same time?
No. This is what I've read in Evan McGorman's book.

I understand that it can be considered dated in some aspects and this might be one of them. I'm looking to confirm.

Thank you

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
2,004 8 11
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi aaaggg, the fact that BBCody was told to come back at 14:00 could be for several reasons. If it was the norm, then it would be posted on the Legion recruiting site. Other than that, I'd say that 10:00 would be a very good time to join, especially as the 21st is a Monday. Most if not all the regiments have their weekly regimental muster parade then and they go for a run. I understand that the EVs do not do regimental muster however all the bureau boys will. As you are flying in from the US, are you going to spend a day or two to get over the jet lag?
Whatever you do good luck. Check out the thread concerning electric stuff etc.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Ratings
205 1
Home Country
United Kingdom
It should be the least of your concerns, I'd just turn up having had a good sleep and with a full belly.
You wont have to go home because the Legion was closed
:D

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
617 11 16
Home Country
Yugoslavia
No. This is what I've read in Evan McGorman's book.

I understand that it can be considered dated in some aspects and this might be one of them. I'm looking to confirm.

Thank you
Even if info is true, wouldn't be that much of an problem for you to wait until lunch is over? Is not like they eat for 10 hours.
Once you go through the gates there would be a lot more of empty waiting, believe me.

Just don't go on Sunday or in night time and you'll be fine.

Ratings
811 13 22
Home Country
United Kingdom
Do you think that whole regiment goes to lunch in same time?
The Officers & Doctors will no doubt go to a mess of some kind the Guys on Guard will stagger it out, some will go eating & of course some will stand Guard. I assume if there are a few Cpl Chefs they will do the same. I would go at 10 like Joe said ask what´s for dinner Cpl Chef....:D

Ratings
27 2
Home Country
Vatican City State
Throughout all the answers on the forum, there is a common factor between all of them;

Come slightly after mid day/noon.
Come Monday.
Get a good sleep and a proper meal before coming.
Prepare to be bored; come prepared, bring a book.

SnafuSmite

Ratings
635 3 4
Home Country
South Africa
Throughout all the answers on the forum, there is a common factor between all of them;

Come slightly after mid day/noon.
Come Monday.
Get a good sleep and a proper meal before coming.
Prepare to be bored; come prepared, bring a book.
The only book thats been mentioned is a French language guide and your passport:)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
2,004 8 11
Home Country
New Zealand
I have no idea. It seems that someone came up with the name amd it has stuck. I read the Jeffery Archer trilogy of when he was in prison. The first volume was Hell. the second Purgatory and the 3rd Paradise.
Not that that explains anything :sleep:

aaaggg

Home Country
United States
Hi aaaggg, the fact that BBCody was told to come back at 14:00 could be for several reasons. If it was the norm, then it would be posted on the Legion recruiting site. Other than that, I'd say that 10:00 would be a very good time to join, especially as the 21st is a Monday. Most if not all the regiments have their weekly regimental muster parade then and they go for a run. I understand that the EVs do not do regimental muster however all the bureau boys will. As you are flying in from the US, are you going to spend a day or two to get over the jet lag?
Whatever you do good luck. Check out the thread concerning electric stuff etc.
I will be there a few days earlier to get over some of the jet lag that's about to come. I have an adapter to keep my phone charged for the few days before knocking on the gates.

I can check the threads to see if I should bring any other electric stuff.

Thank you

Most viewed threads of the week