a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will be joining within next year age 21

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
Hello all.

I will be joining the Legion soon, shortly after this year passes.
I'll be training hard for the best chances of getting rouge and passing the tests when I go.

I'll most likely be going to Paris, Fort de Nogent rather than travel far down to Aubagne. It was mentioned it is probably unnecessary to travel to far south of France when Paris can easily accept or reject you.

I've lurked on a few threads and picked up advice. It seems the Legion has raised it's standards.
I will be training to run a 8 or higher on luc leger, take a few months lessons in swimming, and refresh on my French.

I have some basic knowledge of French language, numbers, and how speech is put together. And I'm pretty good at pullups in nearly all conditions.
Hopefully then, I will have also have picked up my bachelors degree. I've got plans and ideas and drive to get to them.

Personally, I'm a little worried about a few crooked teeth. Didn't wear braces. Teeth are fine no issues, maybe except impacted wisdom tooth but everyone has this.

If there is any advice for me, I would be glad to hear it. Looking to hit the Legion tests prepared and running.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Aim to complete the luc leger not a level 8 youve got plenty of time a level 8 isnt great.

And i wouldnt worry about the straightness of your teeth aslong as there all healthy, i think there are a few ugly bastards in the legion hahašŸ˜‚.

Good luck pal.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Please don't hate me for this. I definitely not one who should be one telling you this, but.... I already criticized your posts once. Nothing personal i cant resist its stronger than me. :)

Hello all.

I will be joining the Legion soon, shortly after this year passes.

"I will be joining the Legion soon" and "shortly after this year passes." really doesn't go together in one sentence. It would go together if now is December or November, but not in May man. :)

Advice, dunno what... Train hard, give your best shot, get clear in your head that at least 5 years of FFL is definitely what you won't. If you are healthy and maybe with little luck you'll be in as you say "soon".

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I had a dream about FFL last night (Don Pedro would now wrote: "keep dreaming". :)) . In that dream me finally going to France with clear intention of joining. Bus station (or train , or airport) is small and packed with legionnaires in parade uniforms going back from leave. I want to start conversation with them but I don't have courage, they looking at me somehow with contempt.

In (I guess) Aubagne me and other EVs again in some small room, waiting. From other building next to that one and trough window of upper floor active legionnaires start yelling at us, provoking us. Suddenly they start to throw empty (Yeah, empty :( that was really sad part of dream ) green beer bottles at us. (most be Kronenbourg :) )

We survived older legionnaires attack so time come for tests to be done. My fear of rejection overwhelms me and I'm running away. Waking up.

If anyone is interested in my stupid dream. :) F it. I don't have nothing better now. There would be real story from me , soon.

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
Please don't hate me for this. I definitely not one who should be one telling you this, but.... I already criticized your posts once. Nothing personal i cant resist its stronger than me. :)

"I will be joining the Legion soon" and "shortly after this year passes." really doesn't go together in one sentence. It would go together if now is December or November, but not in May man. :)

Advice, dunno what... Train hard, give your best shot, get clear in your head that at least 5 years of FFL is definitely what you won't. If you are healthy and maybe with little luck you'll be in as you say "soon".
It's fine man, everyone on here busts eachothers balls.

I would be going sooner, but I still have to graduate and pick up my degrees at the ceremony. maybe "soon" is the wrong word. Originally I planned to leave as soon as graduation.

If I have any doubts, I leave them at the gate of the fort.

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
It's fine man, everyone on here busts eachothers balls.

I would be going sooner, but I still have to graduate and pick up my degrees at the ceremony. maybe "soon" is the wrong word. Originally I planned to leave as soon as graduation.

If I have any doubts, I leave them at the gate of the fort.
True some legionnaires did advice me to not leave without my college degree helps if you want to seek a prolonged career in the legion. Apply later on for being an officer etc Especially if you are already in your final year in college and are just months away from graduation (I am 4 months away from obtaining my certificate but still got conscription here) what do you study?

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
True some legionnaires did advice me to not leave without my college degree helps if you want to seek a prolonged career in the legion. Apply later on for being an officer etc Especially if you are already in your final year in college and are just months away from graduation (I am 4 months away from obtaining my certificate but still got conscription here) what do you study?
Will be leaving with a business degree. Plan to get a masters after legion service.

Definitely looking to seek promotions, skills, and make the most of the time there. Securing a future in case job market falls is also good idea.

I think the rumor that legion applicants with degrees/future get turned down is myth and gossip.
My opinion is if someone has a degree and chooses to join legion, it is their choice. Out of all career and future options they could have, they chose 5 years of pain instead of a cosy life. Something drove them to sacrifice that to volunteer for legion.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Lord P. good luck. Let's hope that your opinion is the same as the <gestapo's>. Let's not forget that there are a lot of countries coming to the legion with diplomas and degrees that are not worth the paper they are printed on.

So go all out for it and train hard.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
How good is your motivation? And how good do you have to go home to with your degrees? Well done for taking to the time in schooling and hopefully works out for you bud

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
How good is your motivation? And how good do you have to go home to with your degrees? Well done for taking to the time in schooling and hopefully works out for you bud
Keeping some details of me scant, it's a business degree from a good university in a nato country.
I could do an MBA, or get a good paying job with the degree. But I'm putting that aside and 5 years to join the Legion.

No amount of money could buy a kepi blanc and the experience it affords.
Thick or thin in Legion, I will honour my signature on the contract.

There's some issues I won't say that drives me to go the route of Legion. I will be 26-27-28 years old when I finish the 5 year contract. The world is my oyster at that point.