a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we be helped for layover if we are eliminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Home Country
Turkey
we did a few barfixes and we entered.After they post us to aubagne.we have been eliminated in detailed screenings..

To get a visa, you need to buy a flight ticket as a round trip.
There must be 1 month between round trip because it is only during this period that it turns out if we succeeded in joining the legion..

If we are eliminated early, is accommodation will be provided until our plane leaves? Where is the cheapest accommodation in aubagne if it is not helped?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
we did a few barfixes and we entered.After they post us to aubagne.we have been eliminated in detailed screenings..
Hi HAKO, are you quoting someone? The answer is no, the Legion will not allow you to stay until you can get a flight back home. Can you imagine how much it would cost? Especially as there will be restrictions on the amount of people who can join - for the moment - because of social distancing.

Reaction score
Home Country
Turkey
Hi HAKO, are you quoting someone? (...)
No, I just made the assumption, it is very expensive to stay in a hotel if I get eliminated early, I can't wait for my flight by staying in France and the ticket cancellation and date change procedures on international flights are confusing..

I saw a video called young legionary maxim on youtube, when I saw the young people who managed to become legionaries at the age of 18, I had the idea to make an experiment earlier than I planned, after the pandemic

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi HALO,
this what you posted on your original post:

we did a few barfixes and we entered.After they post us to aubagne.we have been eliminated in detailed screenings.

Which is why I asked if you were quoting someone.

Reaction score
Home Country
Turkey
Hi HALO,
this what you posted on your original post:

we did a few barfixes and we entered.After they post us to aubagne.we have been eliminated in detailed screenings.

Which is why I asked if you were quoting someone.

I want to say "Let's think we got eliminated after we got in", I can't speak more than a few words in English if I am here ur front, so wrong sentences can be written in the forum, stay inside my moderator joe....

Last edited by a moderator:

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I want to say "Let's think we got eliminated after we got in", I can't speak more than a few words in English if I am here ur front, so wrong sentences can be written in the forum, stay inside my moderator joe....
Joseph has given you some excellent advice on some of your other posts. Obviously this hasn’t sunk in! Get a grip on what you really want to do and stick with it! the legion is not responsible for any expenses you may incur! Always have enough funds that will cover flights to and from France including hotel stays.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) If we are eliminated early, is accommodation will be provided until our plane leaves? Where is the cheapest accommodation in Aubagne if it is not helped?
That's precisely the reason why I recently made (again) the same recommendation in another thread (the one on Covid-19) : buy a flexible return ticket, to avoid getting stranded in France pending your inbound flight, if you're rejected early in the process. This happened many moons ago to a member of this forum in one of his attempts to join the Legion and if I remember right, he almost had to live on the streets in France for quite a number of days, until he could fly back home. Don't be stupid...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You have 2 feet ?
You have a head with a brain ?
You have at least one ✋ with a thumb?
=
You can hitch hike the galaxy any direction where you want to go...or flee

Reaction score
Home Country
Turkey
You have 2 feet ?
You have a head with a brain ?
You have at least one ✋ with a thumb?
=
You can hitch hike the galaxy any direction where you want to go...or flee
Yes you are so right Le Petit Caporal. But when a person has a return ticket that he has to take for a visa, he wants to be able to use it.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) Yes you are so right Le Petit Caporal. But when a person has a return ticket that he has to take for a visa, he wants to be able to use it.
So if you need a return ticket to get a visa, it's a no-brainer, buy a flexible one. It'll be a bit more expensive, but will save you some trouble. Having said that, it might also be wise to bring also some money so that you can “survive” a few days in France, if you're rejected. Depending on the airline you're flying and your destination, there might not be a flight every day and/or seats available meaning that you may have to wait a couple of days, even with a flexible ticket. Anyway, plain common sense. No need to spend more time discussing that hackneyed topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.