a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2018

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Mon petit has his own way of saying things! Also depends on input of beer! It’s a Legion thing. Flashback to August/September 82. Lebanon. Remember seeing a Marine Captain teaching his young Marines the art of bayonet training! Me and the lads I was with looked at each other shrugged... Ah! Les Américains! And walked on. Same kind of thing if you catch my drift.Mon petit has his own way of saying things! Also depends on input of beer!
I pretty much guessed it. Petit Caporal have a very good time cheers buddy.
We’d look at you guys and say the same. But sure are happy to have la Légion in Africa with us and doing some of the things they have to help out a dire times. I know the Special Forces really appreciate y’all.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Vingt ans après” (Twenty years after)... As in the novel by Alexandre Dumas (the second episode of Les trois mousquetaires)...
A second star on the shirt of Les Bleus... The Champs-Élysées are full of supporters cheering. After Mario Zagallo from Brazil and Franz Beckenbauer, from Germany, Didier Deschamps is the third man to win the FIFA World Cup, first as a player and later as a coach.
A good game by the Croat team. Today we’ve seen they fully deserved their place in the final.

View attachment 3850

They did play hard. Facing elimination over I believe 3 games now it takes a toll; however, they heave it their all. Likely their petrol tanks were far past empty, but that is not to take away from the French. Revel and enjoy in it. Maybe President Macron will give you guys a National Holiday.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
And here we are all applauding wankers paid x amount of thousand dollars per month to kick a ball and play acting like Prima Donnas in a Shakespearien play.

They can all go and f*ck themselves, in my book.

Anyway. Am just glad Eine Glande didn't win. Finished 4th apparently... Just like the French in WW2.

Would it not be fitting to pay the people that actually defend the nation, the men operating oversees fighting to keep them crazy ass Jihadi where they belong.

Our first oversees deployment as a fledgling nantion was when Lieutenant Presley O’Bamnon led a company of Marines over open desert to attack the same damned Berbers the Barbary Pirates.

For that action and successful outcome Lt. Bannon was awarded the Mamaluke Sword. Marine officers to this day carry that sword.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Would it not be fitting to pay the people that actually defend the nation, the men operating oversees fighting to keep them crazy ass Jihadi where they belong.

Our first oversees deployment as a fledgling nantion was when Lieutenant Presley O’Bamnon led a company of Marines over open desert to attack the same damned Berbers the Barbary Pirates.

For that action and successful outcome Lt. Bannon was awarded the Mamaluke Sword. Marine officers to this day carry that sword.
A tip of the Képi Marine! Just saw the game. The French were nothing short of superb! The Croatians? Valiant! Brilliant play by both teams! Bollocks to politics. Just nice to see good soccer!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Dudes, jûsst crawled backed home. Me lives on the 10 th floor. . Have 1 out of 2 eleveators working
3 bif bafs ; 2 siŕous. Am still here
How i made it home. ..
Kidneys are hacking

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Dudes, jûsst crawled backed home. Me lives on the 10 th floor. . Have 1 out of 2 eleveators working
3 bif bafs ; 2 siŕous. Am still here
How i made it home. ..
Kidneys are hacking
hmm. Put those demons in a box mon petit! Nothing wrong with a cold beer but when you mix it bad news! Get some rest. Good food plenty of veggies / salads will also help. Get well!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Me, not really I do support Croatia because of my Yugo-nostalgic feelings, but I wouldn't get to excited if they lose or win.

They were better in first half, but score is for France. Let see second half. My friend, guy is deep in betting says it would be 3-2 for Fr. I say Croatia win after penalties. Let's see.
There's one consolation Dusa, Novak Djokovic is through to the Wimbledon final :cool:

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
hmm. Put those demons in a box mon petit! Nothing wrong with a cold beer but when you mix it bad news! Get some rest. Good food plenty of veggies / salads will also help. Get well!
What was the term? Four to the floor.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) A second star on the shirt of Les Bleus... (...)
On that subject, let's all spare a thought for the Chinese community living in Paris. :cry:
Those poor guys are going to be working overtime in the sweatshops to flood the market with fake "official" shirts. ;)

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
On that subject, let's all spare a thought for the Chinese community living in Paris. :cry:
Those poor guys are going to be working overtime in the sweatshops to flood the market with fake "official" shirts. ;)
I believe the term is "genuine copy":LOL:. I learnt that very quickly when I visited Hong Kong...

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I don't know much about football. Someone have to go home, I would have been satisfied if Serbia had passed group phase, but... How do you call Croats in final..? Ostashe (“they stayed” in Serbo-Croatian) sounding same as Ustasha except first letter. :)
Hmmm trying to translate language related joke. :)
Dusa,

I have the same problem. trying to translate very funny Norwegian jokes

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I have the same problem. trying to translate very funny Norwegian jokes. Even the Swedes can’t understand when I’m taking the micky. Oh well. But anyway I reckon young Manu Macron would have had a whale of a weekend, first riding the triumphal drive down the Champs Elyse in Paris on Saturday as the president of the republic, and watching France win the WC on Sunday in Moscow. Surely weekends dont get much better than that, eh?

Mind you, I had a quiet few drinks. Just another good weekend.

I attach the link to the Paris defile last Saturday, and the legion marching as well, although I couldn’t make out the regiment. I marched there in 1958 myself with the 2eme REP. A great experience!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
And the poor kids in Haiti or some far flung region of the world where the 20 or 30 jerseys they had made just in case a win.