a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teeth question

Rozman

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
On a previous thread of mine don pedro said if I turned up with my dentures I'd be fine, I have partial dentures replacing about 9/10 of my teeth

Mine weren't rotten though mine just never grew in due to a condition called hypodontia

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Can irregular bite be a problem?
My jaws are not perfectly aligned.
I don't have any troubles with eating and my bite force is normal. Only my smile doesn't have Hollywood look.

Also, if someone have implants is that counted as missing tooth?

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Can irregular bite be a problem?
My jaws are not perfectly aligned.
I don't have any troubles with eating and my bite force is normal. Only my smile doesn't have Hollywood look.

Also, if someone have implants is that counted as missing tooth?
As far I know, you are good to go. You don't seem to need any dental work. The Legion just do not have to start with guy who need dental work when there are so many guys that apply with good teeth.

CuriousCoop

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I know this might be an older thread, but I had a question concerning having two missing teeth... I plan to have two bridges put in before I leave in August. Will the Legion frown upon having two bridges in place of two real bottom molars?

Thanks for all the great content y'all post on this forum by the way, I've learned so much! :D

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
If you mean implants with "bridges", then no problems. If you mean partial dentures, I don't know.

CuriousCoop

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yeah, the implants with bridges, like this: View attachment 5859. Like, I have a missing tooth between two teeth, then this one goes on. They sand the other two teeth down, then drop this bad boy in, cement it, and boom, two teeth. Besides all the wisdom teeth they removed prior to my first deployment in the Army, those are my missing teeth. The chewing teeth though. :( Oh I'm stubborn, I eat whatever I want anyways.

AYF1993

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I will let here a conversation between a wannabe and a guy who went to Aubagne, get selected , finished Castel and after that went civil from a sub-reddit dedicated to FFL .

View attachment 5861

placebojones88 - wannabe

Kralte - guy who finished Castel

*Is from the same link posted by kkillert0fu here https://cervens.net/legionbbs123/showthread.php?21606-This-guy-finished-training-then-left-lots-of-questions-answered-posted-4-days-ago&p=213339#post213339
Like I have stated before, in the Legion there are no hard or fast rules.
They may change with the person who is on duty that day.
I assume that the cavities from this guy were small enough that they were willing to fix them.
Once you are a Legionnaire, they will take care of any necessary dentistry.

CuriousCoop

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yeah I saw that post too, and that made me at ease. There's a lot of good info on his post. Real informative

Sent from my ZUG 5S Q using Tapatalk

Lemurian

Reaction score
Home Country
Portugal
Guys, please answer me a question about teeth.
If i have a cavity fixed with led is that unacceptable in the legion?
Thanks in advance.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Guys, please answer me a question about teeth.
If i have a cavity fixed with led is that unacceptable in the legion?
Thanks in advance.

Lemurian, I really can not see this as a problem. A lot of poorer countries still use this old process. Once you are in then take advantage and get all the lead changed to whatever it is they use nowadays.

Reaction score
Home Country
Indonesia
Hello Guys if i have a 4 dental fillings and 1 missing graham teeth can i pass the medical test?my teeth doesnt even hurt anymore.
And i never been to dental for 10 more years and no teeth problem until now.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hello Guys if i have a 4 dental fillings and 1 missing graham teeth can i pass the medical test?my teeth doesnt even hurt anymore.
And i never been to dental for 10 more years and no teeth problem until now.
If your all of your teeth or fixed, yes you will pass.

Man, did you even read this thread?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Like I have stated before, in the Legion there are no hard or fast rules.
They may change with the person who is on duty that day.
I assume that the cavities from this guy were small enough that they were willing to fix them.
Once you are a Legionnaire, they will take care of any necessary dentistry.
I take it that if its a gaping black cavity thats what they are looking for. Ive been doing some reading from the last pages of the forums and the stance has changed a little on the opinions. Thats why i bring it up. I dont have any missing teeth, massive holes or any holes that i could see in the mirror. I guess what is being implied are cavities that are so noticeable, it is obvious show stopper from this thread

Truckerheino

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
What if you've lost more than the teeth allowed, but had them replaced with either implants or dentures? Is that a no-go?

Reaction score
Home Country
Philippine
I have one tooth that needs to be pulled out and 10 to be filled in. Do I still have a chance to join if I fix my teeth?