a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bastille Day

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I would accept your argumentation Petit Caporal, if the infamous “yellow vests” protesters were really suffering from hunger and/or oppression. In 1789 , the prison of la Bastille (almost empty btw when it was stormed by the people of Paris) was a symbol of the absolute Monarchy oppression, where you could be jailed without any trial, just because you had displeased the King for some reason or another. Nothing comparable with what happened last year.
So what about these so called “black vests”?

Invading your airports, etc... All very peaceful young males. So we have black vests now. But it's all fake News. They even shouted France is not for French but everyone. Get macron out now... Close the borders, deport them now. Of course any other opinion to the liberal main stream you're a racist. Having these people invade Europe is not ok.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
So what about these so called “black vests”? (...)
Black vests :unsure:? Never heard of that. I know the “Black block” activists, that took advantage of the yellow vests demonstrations to cause mayhem, in their usual way, but that's it. For the rest, once again, keep your anti-immigration rantings to yourself or go vent them somewhere else. There are multiple websites where you can freely do so and even make some internet friends of the same breed or creed. Being that this is a BBS dedicated to the Foreign Legion, where something like 130+ different nationalities are represented, they are misplaced here. Another gentle reminder...
“Chaque légionnaire est ton frère d'armes, quelles que soient sa nationalité, sa race ou sa religion. Tu lui manifestes toujours la solidarité étroite qui doit unir les membres d'une même famille.”

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Black vests :unsure:? Never heard of that. I know the “Black block” activists, that took advantage of the yellow vests demonstrations to cause mayhem, in their usual way, but that's it. For the rest, once again, keep your anti-immigration rantings to yourself or go vent them somewhere else. There are multiple websites where you can freely do so and event make some internet friends of the same breed or creed. Being that this is a BBS dedicated to the Foreign Legion, where something like 130+ different nationalities are represented, they are misplaced here. Another gentle reminder...
Chaque légionnaire est ton frère d'armes, quelles que soient sa nationalité, sa race ou sa religion. Tu lui manifestes toujours la solidarité étroite qui doit unir les membres d'une même famille.
Frenchie please do not get upset. My opinion might not be yours but it's free speech. You do understand what free speech is ?

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
It's too hot to get upset and I have bigger fishes to fry. This forum has never claimed to be a “democracy”. It has its rules and étiquette – enforced by the moderators, by delegation from the webmaster – and the right for “free speech” isn't part of the chart. Nobody forced you to join it. You don't like it ? You know what to do.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's too hot to get upset and I have bigger fishes to fry. This forum has never claimed to be a “democracy”. It has its rules and étiquette – enforced by the moderators, by delegation from the webmaster – and the right for “free speech” isn't part of the chart. Nobody forced you to join it. You don't like it ? You know what to do.
OK... So you are upset. Sleep over it Frenchie.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Black vests :unsure:? Never heard of that. I know the “Black block” activists, that took advantage of the yellow vests demonstrations to cause mayhem, in their usual way, but that's it. (...)
They are called the CRS or the BAC where I am from.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I would accept your argumentation Petit Caporal, if the infamous “yellow vests” protesters were really suffering from hunger and/or oppression. In 1789, the prison of la Bastille (almost empty btw when it was stormed by the people of Paris) was a symbol of the absolute Monarchy oppression, where you could be jailed without any trial, just because you had displeased the King for some reason or another. Nothing comparable with what happened last year.
Monarchy or Bourgeoisie ? Neither and take no prisoners.
Petit Caporal, are you an Anarchist 😁?
Is there any other solution ?

Btw, the hoverboard we saw just before the 14th July parade. Have a seat... will very soon... Are you seated ? It will take of from Sangatte and cross the Manche (Channel) to Dover, with a refuel mid way. You heard it here first.
Post Shitum : @ Rapace
Guess what the pilot is called? Franky Zapata. Couldn't make this up if I tried.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Monarchy or Bourgeoisie ? Neither and take no prisoners.
You should change your screen name from Petit Caporal to Che Guevarra or something like that... 😄
(...) Guess what the pilot is called? Franky Zapata. Couldn't make this up if I tried. (...)
Yes, I knew the name of the inventor 😁, not the story about the cross Channel trip with an in-flight refueling...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
He has just taken off. It was at Sangatte, on this day in 1909 that Louis Blériot took off, to became the first plane pilot to cross the Channel.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hey, frog's not so bad. If I had to pick only one animal to eat for the rest of my life-- well, it certainly wouldn't be frog, but it isn't terrible.
Yeah but they only eat the legs.... I think 🤔 snails too. Funny lot 😆

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yeah but they only eat the legs.... I think 🤔 snails too. Funny lot 😆
Most of the meat is in the back legs and lower abdomen, the little bit of meat in the fore legs (arms?) is hardly worth the trouble. Snails are proof positive that if you add enough butter, garlic, parsley, shallots and cheese, you can make almost anything edible.
There's really only two things in French cuisine that I utterly detest: Andouillette (which we've discussed before) and Aspic ( sometimes called "Chaud-Froid"). Thankfully the latter has fallen out of fashion.

aspic-de-melon-y-langostinos--md-88354p126219.jpg