a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deployment s

Reaction score
Home Country
India
Hello everyone and honourable legionnaires i want to join FFL but I have a question how many deployments legion gives you in your 5 years tenure ? and how much legionnaires get paid on foreign tour's? and how long their deployments last for? Thank you #respect

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello everyone and honourable legionnaires i want to join FFL but I have a question how many deployments legion gives you in your 5 years tenure ? and how much legionnaires get paid on foreign tour's? and how long their deployments last for? Thank you #respect
It looks as though you're more interested in money than soldiering.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
During your first years as a legionnaire and until you obtain the rank of corporal (i.e. 2 to 4 years), you are equipped, fed and accommodated free of charge.
  • Starting net salary: 1,280 € per month (excluding health insurance fees)
  • Vacation : 45 working days per year.
Other compensations are added to basic treatment:
  • On-field training sessions
  • External Missions
  • Airborne mission allowances (airborne regiment)
  • etc…

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You get compensated very well considering food and housing is taken care of, you will not be a millionaire when you finish but if you manage your money wisely you can leave comfortable. I got this information from the official legion website, I hope that helps.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
For more accurate details I'm sure Cody can give information on current salaries etc, not necessarily his own but will have heard a few things to know roughly what is what, I'm sure that site is not upto date

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
During your first years as a legionnaire and until you obtain the rank of corporal (i.e. 2 to 4 years), you are equipped, fed and accommodated free of charge.
Not true, even as a corporal your food and accommodation is free. As for leave, you have to work your way up to 45 days; 'for example in your first year, I believe it is only 15 days.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Not true, even as a corporal your food and accommodation is free. As for leave, you have to work your way up to 45 days; 'for example in your first year, I believe it is only 15 days.
Good to know, they should update the website I copied paste from the main site.