a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK 416

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure there was a thread about this before but what does the Legion think about the HK 416 ? One question not relevant to firing the weapon is has the Legion had to adjust other things such as Drill movemts? Always been curious about rifle Drill too in the Legion. It seems to be hung over the chest most of the Time with the Famas.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
https://cervens.net/forum/index.php?threads/france-launches-famas-replacement-search.16011/page-11

This is by far the most comprehensive thread, from what I've heard from active duty Legionnaire's is that they love the new rifle, its a dream to shoot, none of the case jamming or ripping issues, and its a tad lighter.
yeah had a read through it. curious About the Drill they do on the Parade square too. don´t really see much rifle drill. Maybe not so important to the Legion.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
yeah had a read through it. curious About the Drill they do on the Parade square too. don´t really see much rifle drill. Maybe not so important to the Legion.
I have never seen anything within the French military with regards to rifle drills, all footage and pictures have a rifle strapped across their front.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure there was a thread about this before but what does the Legion think about the HK 416 ? One question not relevant to firing the weapon is has the Legion had to adjust other things such as Drill movemts? Always been curious about rifle Drill too in the Legion. It seems to be hung over the chest most of the Time with the Famas.
HK416 uses a piston operated system to cycle the bolt , a bit more complicated than the Direct Impingement system and difficult to strip in the field , the jury still seems to be out on which is better.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
HK416 uses a piston operated system to cycle the bolt , a bit more complicated than the Direct Impingement system and difficult to strip in the field , the jury still seems to be out on which is better.
Yep they actually used a modified system that they used in their G36, on an interesting side note the HK 416 was originally called the HK M4, Colt then filed for trademark infringement and wanted to sue. HK did a settlement and changed the name to the HK416.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Would love to fire it... That's the plus in the US they have Shooting Ranges everywhere. Last time I shot anything was about 2002 & it was a Browning 9mm pistol.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yeah..bit of Shooting.. Beer & maybe a cute girl ...haha

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yeah..bit of Shooting.. Beer & maybe a cute girl ...haha
Good idea....
7417.jpg

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I feel for you !
Where I live you can't just get a fire Arm so easily or a license. I had one years ago for the 9mm as a civilian Working for the Army. Every year it was renewed after Shooting ..etc. If I lived in places where it was different i would definitely have a Bazooka !

a1b2c3

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Nations
If you want to legally shoot a HK416 (and other firearms) I know a place in France...they have one of ten that were released to civilians in France. No it is not a full-on HK416F with selective firm...semi-auto only in civilian hands.

Contact directly via PM if interested.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
If you want to legally shoot a HK416 (and other firearms) I know a place in France...they have one of ten that were released to civilians in France. No it is not a full-on HK416F with selective firm...semi-auto only in civilian hands.

Contact directly via PM if interested.
Thanks … I did hear that you can do some Shooting in France. Even saw a Video of a Guy in France Shooting an SLR … think he was a Brit too.

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Looks like the forum hasn't changed that much. We can talk about anything and still end up talking about women eventually...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Looks like the forum hasn't changed that much. We can talk about anything and still end up talking about women eventually...
Army...Guns...women...Beer sort of go together. Guess we are like red Neck ...haha