a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior service records

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
So does the FFL being part of the French army, have access to US department of defence records, will they be able to know I was prior service, I had a honorable discharge, but it was for use of a controlled substance... Curious as to the communication between the two countries services if any at all. Might neglect to mention I was in if it's gonna be a no go... Will they ask?...

Attachments

• 8e9f32f91d6be754a3f4a126995b6d2c._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    8e9f32f91d6be754a3f4a126995b6d2c._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 13

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
They will ask you if you served in the military in your own country. What are you going to say? No? And then the next question will be why not? As for the Legion or French regular army having access to US military docs, I don't think they would even bother at your level. If it was something of more importance there would be protocol channels to go through.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
So does the FFL being part of the French army, have access to US department of defence records, will they be able to know I was prior service, I had a honorable discharge, but it was for use of a controlled substance... Curious as to the communication between the two countries services if any at all. Might neglect to mention I was in if it's gonna be a no go... Will they ask?...
So what happened? Did you get caught with stuff or they found it in your piss? Is that honorable discharge? If is some small thing you should be OK. Tell them what happened, be ready, motivated and you should be fine.
They probably wouldn't go so deep in problem if you don't give them reason for that. So what your drug problems ware (if you are willing to tell)?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
So what happened? Did you get caught with stuff or they found it in your piss? Is that honorable discharge? If is some small thing you should be OK. Tell them what happened, be ready, motivated and you should be fine.

They probably wouldn't go so deep in problem if you don't give them reason for that. So what your drug problems ware (if you are willing to tell)?
No I've never gotten a possession charge, thanks God, and as soon as my relationship ended I cut off all ties from that degenerate ass world, got back to living a good life... Just drinking and pussy lol.. Can't say I really had a problem, if I just quit lol... Next town I lived at it was all around and people knew my policy, keep that shit to yourselves, I don't want it and I don't need it...

They will ask you if you served in the military in your own country. What are you going to say? No? And then the next question will be why not? As for the Legion or French regular army having access to US military docs, I don't think they would even bother at your level. If it was something of more importance there would be protocol channels to go through.
That's kind of how I figured that conversation would go. Seems like a American reason to turn me away, if they do, of course a controlled substance could be anything... Yeah I was just a lowly private, I wasn't fully cooked really still needed some time in the oven. Thank you Joseph Cosgrove.

Attachments

• 129085277208802233.jpg
    129085277208802233.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 11

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
No I've never gotten a possession charge, thanks God, and as soon as my relationship ended I cut off all ties from that degenerate ass world, got back to living a good life... Just drinking and pussy lol.. Can't say I really had a problem, if I just quit lol... Next town I lived at it was all around and people knew my policy, keep that shit to yourselves, I don't want it and I don't need it...
So why you discharged?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Maybe that is his private business, his alone and not for the forum. Same as you asking me how many times I have had the clap. :mad:
I took that in consideration Chas as you may see here :

dusaboss said:
(...) So what your drug problems ware (if you are willing to tell)?
He doesn't sound like he wants that to stay private, actually he already said that honorably discharged for drugs. I'm bit confused there, you can get honorable discharge for that? And also I'm interested in how he get cut in in his "misdeed". He said he wasn't caught with stuff on him, so got to be piss test or something else maybe? I mean guy already told us that he was discharged because of drugs, I don't see the reason why he would want to keep a secret how he got into trouble.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm bit confused there, you can get honorable discharge for that?
Yeah, you can, and typically US Army guys who "piss hot" (fail a drug test) get a general discharge under honorable conditions. And that's if they get discharged at all, it really depends on how bad the Army is hunting for people. From 2000 to 2009, for example, guys who failed a piss test got reduced in rank, lost a months pay, and did 45 days of extra duty/restriction, but they weren't automatically separated (kicked out). Marines were probably different, you'd have to ask USMCRET.

And, not to derail the thread, but the US mil has several categories of discharges, it aint just "honorable" and "dishonorable", 'cause we're cool like that:

Honorable : Guys that completed their time honorably, or were medically discharged. Or, homosexuals who were found out under DADT (don't ask, don't tell), 1998-2011. Or, dudes who were kicked out for being too fat/failing physical fitness tests. The best category of discharge; guys who g Cot this are eligible for all veterans benefits.

General discharge, under honorable conditions: these are almost always guys who failed drug tests/got DUI's. Occasionally, guys who went AWOL would get this type of discharge if they weren't otherwise a shit bag. Eligible for most benefits, but not the GI Bill. Can be appealed to honorable status after 6 months.

Other than honorable: Your run-of-the mill shitbirds; drug addicts, habitual drunk drivers, petty crooks and malcontents. This is the first category that can really hurt you in the civi world. Loss of most benefits.

BCD-- the "big chicken dinner"-- Bad Conduct Discharge: Can only be given in result of a Court Martial. Loss of all benefits.

Dishonorable Discharge: serious offenses (rapists, murderers, child molesters, and the like), the worst category. Loss of all bennys and now you're a convicted felon.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Thanks Crawdad. That really clears up something for me about US military. It was bit confusing for me. And why not because looks that there is couple shadows of gray. Probably even more than you mentioned because organization is so big