a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Buff Are The Chosen Candidates?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
How heavily muscled are the ones chosen to go on as Legionnaires generally? I hear even those who look like professional bodybuilders get turned down.
BUFF as in watermelons under the arms, crush a frying pan type big. Should be able to deadlift 250kgs minimum!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This thread Buff is like it belongs to some advertising on a gay magazine in WH Smith’s from the 70s this ain’t a wind up is it?
Well each to their own sometimes I think ignoring a thread and not engaging is more powerful we should be more selective on the questions and motivation behind them, well been winding me up for a bit now.
BUFF is just a term people use or Schmoe. Only g@y if you want it to be Ginge 😉

Or How about Swole 😄

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
And to go right of course when we hit Paris after outer mere tour Duran Duran we’re doing the James Bond film and at night drinking and parting in Cactus Charlie’s and their hotel mad 10 days I will have to do a bit of memory digging but once checked my facts I will share it or not!

I like Duran Duran. Listened them live once.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
BUFF is just a term people use or Schmoe. Only g@y if you want it to be Ginge 😉

Or How about Swole 😄
Whatever you saying Schmoe. Respect! ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Probably not very. A soldier doesn't want big puffy muscles due to the metabolic price tag associated with maintaining them, instead aim for smaller but denser and harder muscles - take myself as an example ;)5110

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
@ Cobra. Tropaz
How many pull ups can you do and how good are you at running ?
What sports do you practice?
Your line of work is?
Age, weight, Hight. ..etc ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Probably not very. A soldier doesn't want big puffy muscles due to the metabolic price tag associated with maintaining them, instead aim for smaller but denser and harder muscles - take myself as an example ;)View attachment 5110
Thanks for what your insight Cobra to what a soldier wants/needs. However the legion needs all kinds otherwise it will become a stencil army based on (your ideas) and any other army's ideas.
You're looking ripped as sexpert says:
"now gimme 20" :rolleyes:
"now get a hold of that mop and bucket and give me until lunch time" o_O:cautious:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for what your insight Cobra to what a soldier wants/needs. However the legion needs all kinds otherwise it will become a stencil army based on (your ideas) and any other army's ideas.
"now get a hold of that mop and bucket and give me until lunch time" o_O:cautious:
wonder what would happen if he or anyone else turned up with an attitude "I am a Buff Dude" . :ROFLMAO: Probably get taken outside for a Beasting?
The army knows lots of squatting/stress exercises to turn you into a sweating heap.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It takes all kinds to make a Legion Etrangere ...
but no where it stipulates in the contract you sign, that you will be treated with kindness ! (just saying)
By the photo : you are in top pic condition. ...but under weight and in size to make a permanent impression. ..and you know it
Ego aside
Eat healthy
Think healthy
Train healthy
Think healthy
Legion or not

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It takes all kinds to make a Legion Etrangere ...
but no where it stipulates in the contract you sign, that you will be treated with kindness ! (just saying)
By the photo : you are in top pic condition. ...but under weight and in size to make a permanent impression. ..and you know it
Ego aside
Eat healthy
Think healthy
Train healthy
Think healthy
Legion or not
It´s in the mind.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The mind you can switch off any time you want to
Guts, blood and tears, you cant !

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
2 years list D school and almost a yzar's prison in la Légion,...it might be. ..
Who knows ?
Maybe Jonny was educated in some other way ?

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ah! to have him in the old nick with you as the warden Joseph. then send him on to me to do his promo!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Probably not very. A soldier doesn't want big puffy muscles due to the metabolic price tag associated with maintaining them, instead aim for smaller but denser and harder muscles - take myself as an example ;)View attachment 5110
Wow ! You look like a perfect specimen for legion,
Now you have to prove some other things, Not to me, but to guys who are recruiters in FFL.

But yes, we are glad to have sexy picture of you. Essential some of as . (I won't go deeper into this ;))
If you want ... I would link you with some of them. ;)

Anyway... or you are realizing that you are wearing terrorist scarf?!?

I know that all (Most of them) SF guys wearing that and they say that is because they want to blend in. :) ....That is stupid.
I can not stand Westerners with terrorist scarf? That meaningless. I think that only purpose of wearing it is to say people back home "Look at me ! I'm a tough guy!!! :)" (Isn't it?)

That look obvious and they look far from what their first intention was. Listen to me and don't blend in that mold. Unless they want to send some message (an guessing that you are not on that level).
Don't do that!. Just do your stuff for Joining FFL. If I can I would help you gladly ... Just leave that terrorist scarf back home!

If someone want to go deeper into this I'm glad to defend my positions, but I think there is no reason for that.