a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Sniper

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Chas it does not matter. I know that the sniper i was talking about passed selection. I am not interested in any sh$t slinging here. i rant on about 1 REC... :) i do know if i was younger i would have enjoyed the Gunnery with them as i understand these things.

Sexpert;
Semper idem. Vitiis nemo sini nascitur.;)
Tempora mutanta, et nos mutamur in illis.:)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Most people just can not get into their thick skulls that the army (any army and the Legion inclu)..needs all sorts and not just snipers and paras, over glorified by Hollywood

Will post some thing later in Media that will intrest some (something i have always said on here but others deny)

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Donald Trump suggested using water bombardiers ( o_OCanada) on Notre Dame:oops:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/salvadorhernandez/trump-notre-dame-firefighting-advice

I'm sure he was only joking :unsure:

NO, he might have been serious, with nothing but good intentions to extinguish the fire. No disrespect for the Paris Firemen, as wee understand they are exceptional fire fighters. It is amazing the King of France had 57 acres of land cleared for the roof and other areas. 870 year old wood I would venture to guess, was kindling of the best kind.

As a Catholic, I morn for this tremendous loss and I am not so sure this was a construction accident. Reports we hear in the US is that Christ's Crown of Thorns was saved, Joe is this so?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Supposedly accidental. 5 different firms were working when the fire started
Aye, for the thorn crown and there's a nail too
The wooden roof frame, is called the Forest and is made from Oak
Oak is very, very hard to buy in France at the moment and some saw mills are / have closed / closing shop. ...
Why?
Spéculation
China buys all, more or less and even inferior trunks
Returning back to Europe and the rest of the world, in cheap kitchen units and furniture
Only time i heard the Media talking good of D.Trump, was today

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Supposedly accidental. 5 different firms were working when the fire started
Aye, for the thorn crown and there's a nail too
The wooden roof frame, is called the Forest and is made from Oak
Oak is very, very hard to buy in France at the moment and some saw mills are / have closed / closing shop. ...
Why?
Spéculation
China buys all, more or less and even inferior trunks
Returning back to Europe and the rest of the world, in cheap kitchen units and furniture
Only time i heard the Media talking good of D.Trump, was today
Don´t believe it was an accident.. i think there was something behind it. maybe i´m just paranoid...
85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.gif

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The Canadairs are based here in Nîmes, for the most part
2 hour flight to Paris
Nocturne drops (water) are never recommended
The water resevor are for the most part 9k litres
The blast from largage would or could fragilise the structure
Wise décision was made, imo

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The Canadairs are based here in Nîmes, for the most part
2 hour flight to Paris
Nocturne drops (water) are never recommended
The water resevor are for the most part 9k litres
The blast from largage would or could fragilise the structure
Wise décision was made, imo
yes..wise wee Cpl.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
You have no idea. It's not like the US only awards 9 different medals. There are literally hundreds of different awards. More being created all the time. Two entire several-hundred page manuals of regulations just for the Army (AR 670-1 and AR 600-8-22) that weigh as much as the bible, look like a chinaman wrote them, and you practically have to be a lawyer to read. Every time we came back from a deployment, there'd be some new award and we'd have hours-long debates that would rage over who rated what.
I attach a table of the main French medals, of which I hold No 2, three times No 5, one each of Nos 7 and 8, one of No 14, plus the Algerian campagne medal and the Insigne des blesse, or the equivalent of the US Purple Heart, which is not on this picture. And yes, I’m bloody proud of that lot, and have no problem remembering them either. (I have also been proposed several times for No 1, but I’m not holding my breath.)

Attachments

• FA621573-BBE8-4633-9011-403D3992F664.jpeg
    FA621573-BBE8-4633-9011-403D3992F664.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 85ED861A-51D2-4421-976C-B717C0D568C0.jpeg
    85ED861A-51D2-4421-976C-B717C0D568C0.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 5

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Only the other day, i was watching the News on TF1. They showed the taking down of the bronze statues (13...arc angles and apostles, placed there after the steeple was built, 1860's) to be repaired and renovated
Now all historical monuments are to be inspected. France has many

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Only the other day, i was watching the News on TF1. They showed the taking down of the bronze statues (13...arc angles and apostles, placed there after the steeple was built, 1860's) to be repaired and renovated
Now all historical monuments are to be inspected. France has many
as long as the wee man is saved.. Napoleon Bonaparte :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I attach a table of the main French medals, of which I hold No 2, three times No 5, one each of Nos 7 and 8, one of No 14, plus the Algerian campagne medal and the Insigne des blesse, or the equivalent of the US Purple Heart, which is not on this picture. And yes, I’m bloody proud of that lot, and have no problem remembering them either. (I have also been proposed several times for No 1, but I’m not holding my breath.)
jonny.... very nice.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Zut, Johnny, didn't know you were racked out like that. Audie Murphy Jr. over here. Respect.

And, you're right. There is a distinct difference between medals and decorations. Which is to say, it's one thing to forget certain 'gimme' awards-- like the campaign stars on our campaign medals, for example...not sure if the French have an equivalent-- and quite another to forget personal decorations like a Croix de Guerre or Silver Star. Particularly given the circumstances under which those medals are awarded. I would wager that you'll never forget the day you earned (and here I don't mean merely the day it was awarded) your Medaille Militaire. I'd venture that it may have been both the worst and best day of your career, if not life. And that ain't something one forgets.

So, put that way, I'll concede that it's highly improbable that Chris Kyle straight up forgot how many Silver Stars he earned.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The french Kilometre Zero starts at Notre Drame, is a bronze plate on the Parvis in front of the Cathédrales entrance. Engraved on it, is a Rose de Vents (wind rose) that serves for direction

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The french Kilometre Zero starts at Notre Drame, is a bronze plate on the Parvis in front of the Cathédrales entrance. Engraved on it, is a Rose de Vents (wind rose) that serves for direction
I have learned something Today... :)