a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANSWERED Probation

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hello everyone I’m forced 1987, (forced into existence in 1987),if anyone was wondering about the name. I am going to join the legion I Understand it’s a selection process i am taking this 100% serious and am getting fighting fit. My buddy is currently on probation for getting into a fight with his girlfriend, she called the cops and they arrested him for causing fear in another. He is currently on probation and found out I am preparing myself to join the legion, he wants to know if he skips out on probation will they deny him for that. They won’t place a warrant for him for at least 30 days after he’s gone, he is very fit and an all around good guy by no means should he have been charged but whatever. He said that he is going when I leave, it’s nothing federal but state if he keeps it to himself or tells them will it be a negative or show true commitment seeing he won’t be able to return home without facing jail. I heard he should know if he gets accepted in the legion before three weeks so potentially probation won’t even know. What are some thoughts on here?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone I’m forced 1987, (forced into existence in 1987),if anyone was wondering about the name. I am going to join the legion I Understand it’s a selection process i am taking this 100% serious and am getting fighting fit. My buddy is currently on probation for getting into a fight with his girlfriend, she called the cops and they arrested him for causing fear in another. He is currently on probation and found out I am preparing myself to join the legion, he wants to know if he skips out on probation will they deny him for that. They won’t place a warrant for him for at least 30 days after he’s gone, he is very fit and an all around good guy by no means should he have been charged but whatever. He said that he is going when I leave, it’s nothing federal but state if he keeps it to himself or tells them will it be a negative or show true commitment seeing he won’t be able to return home without facing jail. I heard he should know if he gets accepted in the legion before three weeks so potentially probation won’t even know. What are some thoughts on here?
tell him to pack his bags & go..nothing to lose bro. Rather do 5 years in the Legion than jail time.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Are you certain this is for your mate/buddy or for yourself I kind of get the feeling it’s the later, as for getting in and selected well that’s a gamble that every potential recruit goes through as their is no guarantees, as for why he/you want to join and the motivation that’s up to you what you disclose in interviews all I would say if it’s just a petty crime then you/him only know don’t know where you got the 3 week thing from but I would look at the process taking longer!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Are you certain this is for your mate/buddy or for yourself I kind of get the feeling it’s the later, as for getting in and selected well that’s a gamble that every potential recruit goes through as their is no guarantees, as for why he/you want to join and the motivation that’s up to you what you disclose in interviews all I would say if it’s just a petty crime then you/him only know don’t know where you got the 3 week thing from but I would look at the process taking longer!
Paps..knows

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I watched a video from Thomas Gast on YouTube, he said that in three weeks we should know if we are selected to contract for 5 years. I may have misunderstood him as well though, he seems like he knows his stuff thoug. A real badass and smart sort of man it seems, have you heard of him or know him?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
And thank you for responding.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I watched a video from Thomas Gast on YouTube, he said that in three weeks we should know if we are selected to contract for 5 years. I may have misunderstood him as well though, he seems like he knows his stuff thoug. A real badass and smart sort of man it seems, have you heard of him or know him?
He is the real deal. Joe knows him. Joe is a mod on here who knew him in the REP. Joe & Thomas are both the real deal.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
He is the real deal. Joe knows him. Joe is a mod on here who knew him in the REP. Joe & Thomas are both the real deal.
Good to know I never doubted him Thomas Gast being the real deal, I can see in his eyes he is a dangerous individual to meet in the wrong way.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I’m curious to know what it’s like at the recruiters station being it’s a heatwave in France, I am from mn we get -50 Fahrenheit and as hot as 100+ every year I can handle both climates but I know most can’t handle intense heat I train in both for hunting. Would it be a good idea to go now

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the response and encouragement to go.
I’m curious to know what it’s like at the recruiters station being it’s a heatwave in France, I am from mn we get -50 Fahrenheit and as hot as 100+ every year I can handle both climates but I know most can’t handle intense heat I train in both for hunting. Would it be a good idea to go now
you asked me this in a pm ..do not troll on her bro. either go or don´t. some of the guys on here ex Legion are not really up to the latest Legion info but did it in another time where there was no internet. Do what they did, Joe, Paps, wee cpl, jonny ..Voltigeur (Cavalry) just go

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I was going to be rude and ask! Is your friend the guy in the mirror that wants the action but something is holding him back.!!! I have my concerns if your real but hey as long as your having fun. And a negative comment like this ain’t going to spoil your dreams. Good Luck!

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I’m not a fake but I am a restless soul searching for his place in life, I want what the legion has to offer.