a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paris: HK G36 assault rifle stolen from police by thugs.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Last comment on this for me.
get Macron out
get Merkel & her puppets out
abolish the UN globalists
get May out as prime minister
get these people & Soros before a court.
no mass immigration in Europe.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
CRS have yellow stripes in this picture, taken during the weekends riots.

But are there are other riot police groups in France?

View attachment 4270

Good short info in French about the 3 different riot police groups in France: http://www.fawkes-news.com/2018/12/des-gendarmes-mobiles-enlevent-leur.html
There is now what they call in the Police, a Compagnie d' Intervention (it's new to me and maybe was created for the recent European Cup in 2016 or maybe because of the terrorist attacks)

I believe that all French police do riot control training, so if necessary they can always use use some of them for backup.
Some of it is done here in Nîmes, biggest Police Academy in France
It was an ex French Air Force (Armée de l'Air) base and 2e REI used to use their swimming pool for COVAPI and piste d'audace, also an indoor shooting range.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The only Extremist groups are Antifa left radicals. Any other demonstrations.. Are called Nazis.. Utter rubbish. The green Party in Germany even supports them. Idiots. It's more complex than just calling them all Extremists. Mass Migration at all costs..no one wants it ..only left liberal idiots.
Don't be fooled. Some of that extremists or implemented or controlled by government.

That is old trick. If you want to break a peaceful protest you implement things who will start rioting so then you have reason to send riot police, break protest and implement you thievish politics.

Let's not forget fast majority of people there just don't like to pay high price for fuel, but we here and all news talk only about small number of extremist. That's what government want.

In meantime Macron have friendly chat with cold blooded killer and both smiling on extra cash they would take with this new oil price increase.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Us Northern Ireland vets know how to deal with it. Send them to tin City we'll train the frenchies...:D loved my baton Gun

Representatives of the Brit Army went to PTU Fanling to learn their trade. I sh*t the not.
The Greener Gas gun fired baton rounds as well as gas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I seem to remember that during the 1968 riots De Gaulle put the Army on alert. Any chance the Army might intervene? How about the FFL?
Fortunately, at this stage at least, very unlikely.

The only Extremist groups are Antifa left radicals. Any other demonstrations.. Are called Nazis.. Utter rubbish. The green Party in Germany even supports them. Idiots. It's more complex than just calling them all Extremists. Mass Migration at all costs..no one wants it ..only left liberal idiots.
Not correct. You had groups like “Action Française” (and old far right movement dating back to the 30s), or the “Bastion Social”, the new name of a far right student movement dating back to the 60s called “Groupe Union Défense” (GUD). Last Saturday, the presence of both far left, including Black Bloc, and far right violent activists has been confirmed. Unfortunately, it takes only a few dozens of such thugs to do the damage that we've seen.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It was the Catholic tradionalist's (royalyists) sect, who squated the eternal flame of the unknown soldier under the Arc de Triumph

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Fortunately, at this stage at least, very unlikely.

Not correct. You had groups like “Action Française” (and old far right movement dating back to the 30s), or the “Bastion Social”, the new name of a far right student movement dating back to the 60s called “Groupe Union Défense” (GUD). Last Saturday, the presence of both far left, including Black Bloc, and far right violent activists has been confirmed. Unfortunately, it takes only a few dozens of such thugs to do the damage that we've seen.
As I said ALREADY, the 1reg, 2cie has been in ALL the nonsense in Paris, we are on vigi here...been here since Oct..

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
There is now what they call in the Police, a Compagnie d' Intervention (it's new to me and maybe was created for the recent European Cup in 2016 or maybe because of the terrorist attacks)

Two links from wiki in French. What they have in common, are blue stripes on their helmets, and I think it is the same kind of riot police, part of the Police National, but different name.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compagnie_départementale_d'intervention

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compagnie_de_sécurisation_et_d'intervention

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
As I said ALREADY, the 1reg, 2cie has been in ALL the nonsense in Paris, we are on vigi here...been here since Oct..
Sure, but the “Vigipirate” (or “Sentinelle”) missions have nothing to do with the recent riots in Paris. That you are in the same place, at the same time when some events unfold doesn't mean you are involved in those events. At least so far...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
@ Rapace, the Police Academy in Nîmes is the ex-Armée de l'Air base at Courbessac (lived in the vicinity for almost 15 years) and not the aéronavale, based at Garons (as you wrongly corrected).

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Le Petite Caporla-as a Yank, could you give English translation for these four units and what their missions are?
Thanks

First of all
Gendarmes are Army
Police are Police
They both have the Authority to arrest and detain
The Gendarme Mobile covers mainly rural areas and over seas terrorities
Police , Cities and large towns
Both have rapid and reactive units for crowd controls. .sporting recounters / concerts / V.I.P. and political ceromonies / trafic /road controls / sensitive sites, nuclear etc
Reinforcements for Anti drug perquisitions in the hot spot Hoods. ...bref : they do what they are told to do at any given time of the night and day
Where as, (the regular gendarmes and police have set hours and shifts)

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
Army intervening in protest in Western Countries is a touchy subject. Generally speaking they avoid it as much as possible.

Maybe if it was martial law, or state of emergency.

But it hasn't reached that point (yet). Soldiers aren't the best for riot control, and riot police aren't the best soldiers.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
One thing is for sure. ..the 2 REP will not participate (Paris)
Martial law for some broken windows, are you kidding
Some better fore sight planning and restrictions and this wont happen again
Wasn't no martial law during the recent terrorists attacks (mainly Paris)...Emergency State is different = gives more leash for the Magistrats and Police to react and behave

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Two links from wiki in French. What they have in common, are blue stripes on their helmets, and I think it is the same kind of riot police, part of the Police National, but different name.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compagnie_départementale_d'intervention

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compagnie_de_sécurisation_et_d'intervention

See that Nîmes has a company (i didn't know)
We also have a company of Gendarmerie Mobile
Nîmes is well equiped
2 REI was the biggest european Infantery Regiment until New Castel got built

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
The biggest problem isn't the demonstrators it's les casseurs. I don't know if this could be adapted by the French Police. But I saw the Israelis, (military?) what they do against the Palestinians:
When they are demonstrating or flying burning kites etc. They send in a group of Israelis dressed the same as those demonstrating, causing havoc. They all have their faces covered so that they can't be recognized - the same as in Paris- Then they spot the ring leaders and then grab them. The Israeli army then break cover and they make off with the ring leaders.

If the french police could adapt that style of tactics, as soon as one of those little c*nts pulled out a spray can they could bang his head against the Arc de Triumph and hand him over to the the CRS.
Of course you will have people complaining against Police brutality, they would just have to deny that they were police officers.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
1. Revindications are revindications
2. Vandalism is vandilism
3. If thé actual goverment is deaf to our revindications...
4. Bad management is bad management
5. May they dare prouve our vandalism
Post Shitum
Spare them nowt